Looking for a nice beach and Passport stamp

TomAndJane

I have read a lot on this board and realized that we either want to go to Cane Garden Bay or Brewers Bay. We would also like to get our passport stamped. So, which beach would you choose (Like for it to be quiet, calm and a place to buy a bite to eat and drinks including beer) and where can we get our passport stamped?

Thanks,

Tom

When arriving by cruise ship you do not normally get your passport stamped but there is the govenment building in Road Town less than 5 minutes from the ship. You could ask there. There should also be a customs office at the ferry terminal since they do receive passengers from the USVI there. Also, a customs office is located at the ferry terminal at West End as well as the airport at Beef Island (reachable by taxi).

As for the beach, I would choose Brewer's over CGB.

I got my (US) passport stamped in Tortola:

British Virgin Islands 2007

What you do is walk down the road toward town, and head left, toward the market. There's a tourist info booth. Sorta "underneath" that, on the left hand side, is the entrance to Immigration (best bet is to stop at the tourism window first to get the OK - you don't wanna surprise anyone in Immigration.)

Read my Flickr accounting for an amusing story about the stamp....

Archived