Help Please Cruising the Far East.

gunner22a

Nov 2010 the wife and I will be celebrating 30 years of unarmed combat, I mean wonderful marriage. We want to do a cruise in the far east or Austrailia, up to 30 days. I have only cruised once with Princess, this year on the Golden to Hawaii and we enjoyed it. We have several cruises with Celebrity but their itineries for this part of the world are limited and they are rumoured to be pulling out of Austrailia as they have nothing on the books for this fall let alone the future.

Reviews or advice from anyone out there that may have done a cruise like this would be greatly appreciated. This years cruise is already booked but next year has to be something special.

Thanks

I think you need to be more specific, lots of possibilities out there.

We've sailed in the Far East, and Australia/New Zealand:

Sailed HongKong to Singapore on Royal Cruise Lines (now defunct).

Sailed Kobe Japan to Vancouver BC with Princess.

Sailed Australia/New Zealand with Princess.

Sailed Osaka Japan to Vancouver BC with Princess.

Sailed San Francisco to Sydney Aus with Princess.

Sailed Singapore to Beijing with Princess.

Sailed Papeete to Sydney Aus with Princess.

Sailed Istanbul to Singsapore with Oceania.

Good luck getting the info you want.

Most of the cruise lines have not released schedules for 2010 yet, so I can just go by 2009.

Princess has 16 day cruises between Beijing and Bangkok. We did this a few years ago and loved it.

This October we are taking a 32 day cruise from Cape Town to Singapore, arriving there on November 19.

Nov 2010 the wife and I will be celebrating 30 years of unarmed combat, I mean wonderful marriage. We want to do a cruise in the far east or Austrailia, up to 30 days. I have only cruised once with Princess, this year on the Golden to Hawaii and we enjoyed it. We have several cruises with Celebrity but their itineries for this part of the world are limited and they are rumoured to be pulling out of Austrailia as they have nothing on the books for this fall let alone the future.

Reviews or advice from anyone out there that may have done a cruise like this would be greatly appreciated. This years cruise is already booked but next year has to be something special.

Thanks

The Far East has a wonderful selection but you'll need to wait a while for 2010 itineraries.

We've done several, the most recent being 16 days from Beijing to Bangkok and then on to Capetown for an additional 30 days. The 16 day cruise seems to be repeated from year to year, so I expect you'll see it again for 2010.

As for Australia, way too big IMO to do via a cruise. If you have 30 days and really want to see Australia, please consider doing a land tour. There is no way you can see Australia from a cruise ship. We spent a whole week just in Sydney and then an additional 30 days just touring. A fantastic experience.

princess has a 16 day itinerary in March 2010 that goes from shanghai to singapore. we are also doing their 6 day precruise tour (beijing to shanghai). we looked at going in the fall months but others had warned there might be more bad weather (seas) at that time.

The ship is the Ocean Princess which is the smaller of their ships. You can combine this sailing with a 14day? sailing just before. Close enough to 30 days.

Happy hunting

Archived