Itinerary change

robanddiane

Just checked the cruise personaliser for our Sea Princess cruise on 18th April and it looks like Caracus has been cancelled and Isla Margarita added in it's place. After reading numerous posts about how dangerous Caracus is I am really happy about the change as was just gonna stay on the ship that day. Does anyone else think this is better or would you rather do Caracus.

Just checked the cruise personaliser for our Sea Princess cruise on 18th April and it looks like Caracus has been cancelled and Isla Margarita added in it's place. After reading numerous posts about how dangerous Caracus is I am really happy about the change as was just gonna stay on the ship that day. Does anyone else think this is better or would you rather do Caracus.

Caracus was interesting but you have to have done a tour to get there since it's quite a ways from the ship & I wouldn't just get off the ship to start bargaining for a tour.

Isla Margarita isn't all that bad a substitution & has some interesting sites. There are some shops right along side the ship as well as a beach if you don't feel up to doing a tour.

I had avoided Isla Margarita for a long time, then we went a couple of years ago and I was very pleasantly surprised. There are actually three beaches right by the ship. The sand was very white (hard - not soft) with beach bars. There was a decent restaurant overlooking the water with live music. Lots of shopping for "stuff." We really enjoyed it and I thought it was beautiful. My photos are linked below - look for the Sun Princess S. Caribbean cruise from 07. The jellyfish pix are from there too. There were tons of them in the water next to the ship. They were huge!

We took the ship's tour the first time I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise that stopped in Caracas. The next time we stayed on the ship, but for some reason there were Venezuelan military men with large guns on the ship. They were very scary looking, and after the third time we saw them walking on the deck where we were sitting we went back to our cabins. They were walking with ship's crew members so I don't know why they were there, but it was unnerving. With the political climate there now, I'm sure I wouldn't get off the ship.

Good Morning,

Can someone tell me if I can bring a small coffee pot to keep in our room? We love to wake up to coffee and just wandering if anyone has any suggestions. Sometimes my husband like to sit and read on the balcony and have some. Does Princess have coffee makers to leave in the room?

Thnaks, Sandy

Archived