Chartering a boat when you arrive in Whittier

calliecat

Has anyone chartered a boat on the day you arrive at the end of the cruise in Whittier? If so, who did you book with and when did the cruise ship allow you to debark?

Some of the websites I've looked at show that they go out at 7am and that won't work because we won't be able to get off the boat at that time.

Has anyone chartered a boat on the day you arrive at the end of the cruise in Whittier? If so, who did you book with and when did the cruise ship allow you to debark?

Some of the websites I've looked at show that they go out at 7am and that won't work because we won't be able to get off the boat at that time.

I haven't done it, but saved this info in case I needed it. I did read on another forum where someone used this company and was happy. You need to book early to get your date.

http://www.soundecoadventure.com/

My ship went to Seward. Our itinerary said our port time was 7:00 a.m. The first round of disembarking was actually done at 6:30 a.m. If you want to be able to disembark when you want, you need to sign up for self-disembarking. (This will be done once you are on the cruise ship.) Then you can leave anytime once the call is made for the first group off. However, you will be responsible for getting all of your luggage off by yourself if you choose self-disembarking.

What do you want to charter a boat for? Fishing, sightseeing? For how many people? Eco Sound Adventure mentioned above is good, but can only take six people and does sightseeing. There are also boats available to rent if you can captain it yourself.

My husband,17 yr old son, and my son's friend would like to go fishing. I don't know that we can afford to charter a boat just for them. I've done some research and saw that some of the boats go out at 0700. My husband did this a couple years ago, but he drove down from Anchorage. We've done walk off a couple times but never in Alaska and we've never walked off at 0700. We recently were able to get off in LA at 0800.

Archived