Summit Mediterranean in November?

Daffydilly

Barcelona to Venice via Istanbul looks great to us - but I'm concerned about the weather in this area in first half of November. Any advice regarding this sailing, as well as

Summit sky suites on Penthouse deck versus 2B on Vista deck - does the sky suite difference merit the greatly increased cost?

We went to the Med on Nov. 18, 2007. The weather was chilly but sunny. We were lucky, no rain. It was cold in am, warmer in afternoon and cold getting back to ship. We did mostly private tours with fellow passengers. I would take a 2b cabin and use the extra $$$ you save for the tours. The tours are pricey, better if you share the tours with people on the roll call.

Bring layers of clothing. We're doing Barcelona to Venice in May this time. Last time we did Venice to Barcelona. Hope you have good weather.

Bon Voyage

November is unstable in the Med. Maybe you are lucky and have sun and nice temperatures, certainly not hot.

But also be prepared for rain, chilly days and some storm.

We've done two Mediterranean cruises in November, and the weather is certainly changeable! But it's so nice not to be knee-deep in fellow tourists that it's worth carrying a jacket and umbrella. It's a great time of year to avoid the crowds.

Lisa

We've done the same cruise mid Nov. 06,07,08

Nov 06..fabulous weather all the way Tshirts and shorts

Nov 07.. a bit cooler, not a lot of rain but some sunshine most days

Nov 08.. dreadful most of the time...heavy seas, many sea sick, wind that almost blew 2 loungers and table + chairs over the top of our aft balcony, rain, very cold...wind was so bad the overnight for Rome (in C'vitavecchia) never happened.We were forced to stay overnight in Naples pier instead.... with tugs holding us in case we broke our mooring... so you take a chance on what you might have weather wise.

I heard, but never actually spoke to anyone on that roll call afterwards, that those people who had organised independent tours and overnights went by train to Rome (having made their arrangements months in advance ) to do the visits/ tours they had looked forward to doing, then re joined the ship...but I cannot confirm it ?

Archived