Hotel for Fort Lauderdale

I am looking for a Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I enjoy staying close to LAs Olas or close to the port. I am open for suggestions from past experience.

The Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach was very nice -- across from the beach, a block from Las Olas Blvd, places to eat, etc. We had gotten a decent rate thru AAA but the week before we left it was a weekend getaway rate on Marriott.com for $149 a nite. Microwave and refridgerator included, comfy bed and we ended up in a junior suite with a partial oceanview, waterway view and best of all, Port Everglades view of the cruise ships.

No shuttle to the port but they will arrange for a towncar if you would rather take that instead of a taxi.

I have only stayed in Fort Lauderdale once. Because it was so expensive to book near the port, I elected to stay at the Best Western Oceanside Inn that is a few miles from the port. Taxi's were plentiful and it was about $10 each to take us to the ship. The Inn was an older place and nothing spectacular, but it had clean rooms and very reasonable in cost.

Since that was my first time in Florida, I wanted (demanded :)) a room close to the ocean. The Oceanside Inn was Oceanfront, sort of..... There were buildings between the Inn and the water, but it had a nice trail between them to the water. No roads to cross. It had a Restaurant on site, and room service.

The Oceanside Inn rooms for 2 people was only about $219. That seems high, but if compared to the hotels that surround it, it was really reasonable. The cheapest rooms at the other ones was about $500 a night.

If interested....go to Best Western dot com and look up:

Best Western Ocean Side Inn

1180 Sea Breeze Boulevard

Fort Lauderdale, CA

Good Luck :)

We are headed down that way on Tuesday. Since we are driving we opted to stay in Boynton Beach which is about an hour north of Ft. Lauderdale. We got into a Marriott Courtyard for $109. It was recently purchased and renovated AND we got two queen beds (which I like better than doubles). We are just going to drive to the port the next morning. If your are driving yourself you have more options, but you did not mention fly or drive.

Have fun!

Riverside Hotel is the only hotel on Las Olas Blvd, so you would like that. I read that the Embassy Suites on 17th St. right by the port was just renovated, and it is only a few blocks to the water taxi that can take you to Las Olas. Hyatt Place in that area is also nice.

Archived