Roll Call: All Tulips and/or Windmill Cruises

webfoot

We will be on the April 25 Amalegro tulip cruise. Diane, we'll most likely miss you as you disembark early and we embark later. Hope you have a great cruise. We will be hurrying to the train station on May 2 when we get off so we can catch a train to Paris to start a Rhone River cruise to Arles/Nice on May 3. We intend to layer clothing, especially since we will head south and the temperatures should be a little warmer.

Bill

We will be on the April 25 Amalegro tulip cruise. Diane, we'll most likely miss you as you disembark early and we embark later. Hope you have a great cruise. We will be hurrying to the train station on May 2 when we get off so we can catch a train to Paris to start a Rhone River cruise to Arles/Nice on May 3. We intend to layer clothing, especially since we will head south and the temperatures should be a little warmer.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. Lou and I are looking forward to experiencing our first Riverboat cruise. Hope you enjoy yours.

Diane

Good morning all!!

It's almost the 3 week mark for us!! I am going to start my packing process today.:) I have a pretty good idea what I am packing. So no worries there:).

It will be so nice to be in Europe in the springtime...rain or rain.

Who's the first to go? Rescuespringers...I believe you leave on the 5th...correct?

Have a great week everyone!!

Is anyone other than us going on the Avalon Windmills, Vineyards and Paris cruise from Amsterdam to Paris in May? The cruise is sold out, so there must be others out there ... anybody???

We got our documents for our 4/25 sailing of the amalegro.

This has to be one of the nicest packages I've ever received.

It has 4 of the largest (canvas) luggage tags I've ever seen.

Also a good amount of information about The Netherlands and Belgium.

The prices of the optional excusions to Brugge and Brussles surprised me.

We'll need to check on doing them ourselfs.

Does anyone know where in Ghent and Antwerp the ship will be docking?

Jeff

We got our documents for our 4/25 sailing of the amalegro.

This has to be one of the nicest packages I've ever received.

It has 4 of the largest (canvas) luggage tags I've ever seen.

Also a good amount of information about The Netherlands and Belgium.

The prices of the optional excusions to Brugge and Brussles surprised me.

We'll need to check on doing them ourselfs.

Does anyone know where in Ghent and Antwerp the ship will be docking?

Jeff

Jeff,

Those luggage tags are huge. I agree with the optional excursions pricing and then convert to US$'s

Hi - We'll be taking our first river cruise April 18th on the Amalegro. Been on 14 "regular" cruises. The docs are excellent and we're very excited. I have a question for all the experienced river cruisers and thought this would be a great place to ask my question. Here goes: On most cruises we take we add the tips to our shipboard account and just pay it all with our credit card. Can you put the tips on your shipboard account on AMA? :rolleyes: I have no problem with the suggested amounts, but it would be great not to have to worry about getting all those Euros and saving them 'till the end. I would love it if they offer this option also. Thanks. Less than 2 weeks to go! :D

Good morning!

I hope everyone is doing well.

This will probably be my last post until I get back on the 21st. We leave Friday for Amsterdam.

I certainly hope they make the poor boat all better by the time I get there. LOL!! Poor boat! At least she cruisable (word??).

Who else is cruising soon?

I wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter and have a great week!!

Take care!

ChefPeg, I hope you have a wonderful trip. We leave a month from today to go to Amsterdam ... we will get there a day prior to boarding the ship ... can't wait!! All of us back here in cyberland will be anxious to know if the ship is fully repaired.

Jeff,

Luckily we have stayed in Brussels before and have visited Bruges a couple of times so I don't feel we absolutely have to take a tour. You might want to buy a Rick Steves book for Bruges, take a taxi and do a walking tour. We did that last time and enjoyed it. It is certainlly less expensive than a ship's excursion.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peg,

Hope to hear from you about your Tulips Trip, Please blog it for us like your CHristmas Market Trip.

Ron and I are planning a River Cruise with a London Extension for our big anniversary this year. Hope it happens.

Take care

Happy Cruisin:cool: To All!

:D Our travel documents have just arrived for the Avalon Windmills, Vineyards, and Paris tour departing on May 10 ... we leave on May 8 ...

Now I can get really excited about the trip! Hope to be able to check-in and give a report while on board the ship, which is a new one for Avalon ... the Affinity.

I purchased our tickets to see the Anne Frank Museum this coming Saturday ... and my list of things to do is getting checked-off. The credit card company has been notified, the paper and mail have been stopped. Each day more and more is done ... getting anxious for the trip to get here ...

Again, anyone out there joining us on the Windmills, Vineyards and Paris tour from Amsterdam to Paris ...

Thanks to all for suggestions. Hope the weather is good ...

I purchased our tickets to see the Anne Frank Museum this coming Saturday ... and my list of things to do is getting checked-off. The credit card company has been notified, the paper and mail have been stopped. Each day more and more is done ... getting anxious for the trip to get here ...

Again, anyone out there joining us on the Windmills, Vineyards and Paris tour from Amsterdam to Paris ...

Thanks to all for suggestions. Hope the weather is good ...

Have a great cruise!! I wish I was going back again!! You will have a good time!!

Amsterdam is wild!! Keukenhof was gorgeous!!

Archived