Roll Call: All Tulips and/or Windmill Cruises

webfoot

We are taking the Avalon Affinity on the Windmills, Vineyards, and Paris beginning May 10th ...

Who else out there is taking a tulip or a windmill cruise on any cruise line??? I'd love to hear from you!

We are taking the Avalon Affinity on the Windmills, Vineyards, and Paris beginning May 10th ...

Who else out there is taking a tulip or a windmill cruise on any cruise line??? I'd love to hear from you!

Hello Pat,

We are on the Tulip Time cruise on the Amadante with AMA Waterways. We sail on April 12 but we are in arriving in Amsterdam a day early.

I can't wait to sail on another river boat cruise. I guess I didn't get enough from the Christmas Market cruise last month.:)

Peggy

I have just been on one other river cruise and I am sold on it ... I love going down the river .. seeing the sights along the way, along with a new city each day. What a wonderful way to travel.

Peggy, I have enjoyed reading all about your Christmas Markets cruise and hope that you will also post a review for your upcoming trip!

I have just been on one other river cruise and I am sold on it ... I love going down the river .. seeing the sights along the way, along with a new city each day. What a wonderful way to travel.

Peggy, I have enjoyed reading all about your Christmas Markets cruise and hope that you will also post a review for your upcoming trip!

I am so glad you enjoyed the Christmas Market review.

I hear you being sold on river boat cruising...I'm right there with you. I too, loved seeing the passing villages and the colorful houses as we sail on by.

Well, since I had such a wonderful response to the Christmas market review, you can be sure I will write one for the Tulip Time cruise too.

• 2 weeks later...
we;re on Uniworld Tulip cruise Apr 4 and looking forward to it. Hope that the Rijks museum renos don't disrupt viewings too much. Am really looking forward to the time in Brugges.

The renovation of Rijksmuseum isnot bad at all. Most major paitings and objects are now close® together in the annex, which makes it easier for tourists to see it in a quicker visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ChefPeg ... I bet you are ready to get away from the snow ...

I just made our final payment so we are getting more and more anxious. May 8th is the day we leave ...

Still hope to find folks out there who are going on the Avalon Windmills, Vineyards, and Paris trip.

Well, ChefPeg ... I bet you are ready to get away from the snow ...

I just made our final payment so we are getting more and more anxious. May 8th is the day we leave ...

Still hope to find folks out there who are going on the Avalon Windmills, Vineyards, and Paris trip.

Yes siree!! We got another foot last night!:eek: I can't wait until spring!!

The other day DH and I were in Wal-Mart and DH saw a huge sign that said Easter, April 12. He shuffled me over and pointed to it and said "you know what this means?". I said 'Yes!".....it's close"!.

Our ship sails on the 12th. SO any signs of Easter reminds us.....it's almost here. LOL!!

We made final payment a while ago, I am hoping the docs are on their way. I know wishful thinking.:p

Hello!!

Getting excited here. Really need a get away!! The snow here is getting to me. I'm getting cabin fever, lol.

About 6 weeks for us until we leave for Amsterdam.

Haven't noticed anyone else sailing on my AMA Tulip cruise. Anyone else?

Have a nice week!!

I can't believe I am leaving next month....I can say that now:p. Wow!

Where is your cabin on the Amadante? We are on the Violin deck.

I have been trying to find info on the tulips cruises but I haven't find a whole lot. I will keep looking / researching.

I did buy a guide book, it's okay not the best but at least I have one. I will pack it since it has some good suggestions in it.

Hi,

My wife and I will be on the Viking Sky April 12th, Tulip and Windmills river cruise and we can not wait. This is our 2nd river cruise, both with Viking. We have always been ocean cruisers and have recently found river cruising.

Joe

Hi,

My wife and I will be on the Viking Sky April 12th, Tulip and Windmills river cruise and we can not wait. This is our 2nd river cruise, both with Viking. We have always been ocean cruisers and have recently found river cruising.

Joe

Same here. This will be our second river boat cruise after about 25 ocean cruises. We love them both.

What is your itinerary? I see you sail the same day as us. Amsterdam to Amsterdam?

We are two days in Amsterdam then off to Hoorn & Volendam, Arnhem & Nijmegen, Dordrecht, Antwerp, Brugge, Middelburg, Delta Works & Rotterdam, and then back to Amsterdam.

Our last river cruise was the Christmas market in Dec 2005, Vienna to Nuremberg. It was a great time.

Peg -

Jerry mentioned that Tom & you were going to be on the Tulip Cruise. Chris & Gary Pappin are going, also. I am finally doing some research about it. My guess is that the weather will be similar to local weather - hope for warm days! I hope that all is well with you.

Virginia

Peg -

Jerry mentioned that Tom & you were going to be on the Tulip Cruise. Chris & Gary Pappin are going, also. I am finally doing some research about it. My guess is that the weather will be similar to local weather - hope for warm days! I hope that all is well with you.

Virginia

I think Karen told me you and Jerry are on the Amalgro on April 11th Tulip cruise..correct? We are on the Amadante on April 12th.

Peggy

Hi Peggy,

Yes we are on the Amalegro sailing April 11th. So I guess we will be one day ahead of you. Sorry we won't be onboard with you. It is possible we still may run into you in Amsterdam as our ship will be docked for 2 days in Amsterdam.

We are on the Amalegro sailing 4/18. Flying into Amsterdam the same day. This will be our first Riverboat cruise after many ocean cruises. Chris and Gary, glad you were able to book the cruise before ours.

Diane

We are planning to cruise with Uniworld for a tulip cruise starting April 5, beginning in Brussels (Antwerp) on the River Duchess. We took a Legendary Danube cruise with Avalon two years ago and enjoyed that very much. Chose Uniworld this time because their itinerary included Brugge and was for 9 nights. Also a plus, Uniworld, like Avalon, includes wine with dinner!

Gretchen

Oh my! We leave 4 weeks from today!:eek: I am not ready! I am very excited to go:) soon. I haven't even finished reading my guide book. :o

I did make the hair appointments. Must get suitcases out soon. Not too soon, puppies get too sad.

So much to do and not enough time!!

I hope the tulips are blooming when we get there. Hopefully a few at least, I know it's early spring.

Anyone else getting excited?

We haven't gotten our docs yet so no doc dancing for us yet. I'll be sure to let you know when I am though.:D

We have 60 days until we leave ... we haven't done as much reading for this trip yet as we did for the Amsterdam to Budapest trip last year ... but we need to get going on that fairly soon.

I hope you have a wonderful trip, ChefPeg ... I hope that when we get to Amsterdam that the tulips are in full bloom ... but they may be past their peak as we get there May 9th.

We have 60 days until we leave ... we haven't done as much reading for this trip yet as we did for the Amsterdam to Budapest trip last year ... but we need to get going on that fairly soon.

I hope you have a wonderful trip, ChefPeg ... I hope that when we get to Amsterdam that the tulips are in full bloom ... but they may be past their peak as we get there May 9th.

Between the both of us.....one of us should see some tulips.:)

Archived