Coffee

wildcrazyatver

Will be cruising on the liberty on the 28th of feb was wondering if there are coffee machines or even hot water avalible for morning coffee

I know that room service is avalible but from what i read is that if you order your breakfest with coffee that by the time it arrives its usually cold

so im not sure what to do

thanks

Will be cruising on the liberty on the 28th of feb was wondering if there are coffee machines or even hot water avalible for morning coffee

I know that room service is avalible but from what i read is that if you order your breakfest with coffee that by the time it arrives its usually cold

thanks

Im a total coffee snob, and this was my take on Triumph in december (which was my first cruise):

-The self-serve coffee in public areas was terrible, and syrup-based.

-The room service coffee was pretty ok, brewed coffee. This was what i drank 95% of the time. It came in a decent insulated pot and I didnt have any issue with it being cold.

-The dining room coffee/espresso was decent.

-The for-cost specialty coffee shop was not sufficiently better to be worth the trip or the cost.

Personally, I wished i had brought a pot, but the room service coffee wasnt bad at all. Next time I intend to bring a 4-cup french press.

I just got off the Liberty on Saturday. I am a coffee nut (look at the screen name). Coffee is available around the clock on the Lido. I ordered room service breakfast 3 or 4 times, and the coffee was never cold. It was served in a thermal carafe, and even my 2nd cup was satisfactory.

There is also a cafe called Jardin's which serves espresso drinks (both hot and cold).

I have to say that I was prepared for the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of coffee.

Also, just a reminder that you can order espresso and cappucino in the dining room at no charge.

Enjoy your cruise, and your coffee!!

I have been on the Victory and Triumph and I am up in the buffet area around 6am. I have watched the staff add fresh ground coffee to the machines. Tea and juice are concentrates.

When ordering coffee for your cabin ask for a carafe.

thanks

I have never recieved cold coffee from Carnival room service. You could order from room service or go to the Lido deck. ln the early morning they usually have coffee and pastries.

Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to coffee...I go to restaurants all the time and drink all sorts of coffee. Everyone I know loves Dunkin Doughnuts coffee for some reason...for me it is way too strong. I personally like McDonalds the best.

What I am getting at, until you try it, you won't know which one you like the best. I have seen people that rave about the coffee shop on-board...and others that can't stand it and prefer the room service coffee the most.

OP, you can get free coffee in the morning (or all day) on the Lido deck, or from room service. I'm a coffee addict, and I never had a problem with the taste or with it being cold. You can get it in the dining rooms. And for a charge, you can get it at the cafe or "specialty" coffee shop. You'll get varying opinions on taste, just like with food or anything else on the ship.

...Personally, I wished i had brought a pot, but the room service coffee wasnt bad at all. Next time I intend to bring a 4-cup french press.

We did that once, but the room service hot water was never hot enough to "brew" the coffee. Maybe the tea water on the Lido would've been hot enough, but that sort of defeats the whole room service principle. It was a waste of space & beans. The room service coffee was hot and OK - especially with the generic Bailey's we bought from Gifts before the cruise and in our room on embarkation!:eek: (Hey, it's vacation & we had a balcony to enjoy morning coffee on.;):D)

Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to coffee...I go to restaurants all the time and drink all sorts of coffee. Everyone I know loves Dunkin Doughnuts coffee for some reason...for me it is way too strong. I personally like McDonalds the best.

What I am getting at, until you try it, you won't know which one you like the best. I have seen people that rave about the coffee shop on-board...and others that can't stand it and prefer the room service coffee the most.

I can drink the coffee any place on Carnival's ships. Dunkin Doughnuts is the top of "my" list:), McDonalds is worse than tire cleaner !:(

I love my coffee in the morning...sitting on the balcony watching the sunrise! Get some little rum runner flasks and fill them with Bailey's Irish Creme....

I have never had cold coffee from room service, I always order two pots and never had a problem with it getting cold...

I love my coffee in the morning...sitting on the balcony watching the sunrise! Get some little rum runner flasks and fill them with Bailey's Irish Creme....

I have never had cold coffee from room service, I always order two pots and never had a problem with it getting cold...

I have to laugh, I could never do that........if I added Bailey's to my morning coffee, I'd be back in bed real quick! :D

I don't mind the coffee on board, I just really dislike those plastic mugs you get...I'm packing a real coffee mug this time.

I also love DD's coffee, especially iced. :)

I thought coffee makers were on the forbidden list????

I thought coffee makers were on the forbidden list????

I am sure it is, kinda like the alcohol we aren't suppose to bring on board. I don't hide it, it sits out on the counter..unplugged except when I use it in the mornings. I would have to think it's not much different than plugging in a hair dryer or something. I asked one of the cabin stewards once about it, he said he'd check with whomever and never got back to me. I have taken it on Princess, RCC and Carnival, probably 10 of my 16 cruises.

I also bring a little 4 cup coffee maker with me. I learned the hard way the 1st time, it had a glass pot. Didn't make the flight. Now I have one with a metal pot. I buy those little flavored creamers that don't need refrigeration. Hmmm. maybe a bottle of Baileys on the next cruise. Thanks..good idea. I also take those little creamers to the dining rooms. Love my flavored creamers.

I went to the lido deck every morning and filled our travel mugs and came back to have coffee and danish on our balcony.

We did not want room service to wake us if we decided to sleep in....it was no hassle taking the quick walk. ;)

You got 2 choices order room service, or go to promenade cafe,room service has always brought me hot pots of coffee,dont listen too others,although breakfast and hot coffee might be hard to get together,so just go with coffee;)

thanks

I don't understand all the complaints about the coffee, It's not that bad! Besides I would rather have a bad cup of coffee on a cruise then have award winning coffee at work!

The coffee is fine.

There will be room service breakfast menus located in your cabin. Fill it out in the evening, put down a time you'd like it delivered and it will come hot and on time and in a large insulated pot.

That is always my wake up call onboard.

Sitting on the balcony enjoying morning coffee is one of my pleasures.

Coffee around the ship has always been very good for me personally. If you like the "high-bottom" stuff, there is even a place onboard where you can buy specialty coffees for a minimal charge.

For some reason, we have never ordered room service on past cruises! Not really sure why, but I am determined to try it out for morning coffee this year. Just curious though... is it customary to tip when its delivered?

yes.;)

Archived