on-line check in

warmwinds

So how important is it? I've done it for every other cruise, but this time, for whatever reason, when I put in my husband's date of birth it said "you cannot change the date of birth at this time" (or something like that)...apparently, they had my dob on record from past cruises...but not my dh's (even though both our Captain's Club numbers are there)...so I wasn't really "changing" it, it was being put in new when there was nothing before, so the computer recognized going from nothing to the correct date as a "change". I called and they told me this - said I had to come back tomorrow to sign in again and continue. I'm only like 1/8th of the way done with everything.

Has anyone just gone to the pier with your passports and had them fill out the forms there? How big a deal was this?

I've lost my vim to go back in and continue on-line.

I did the online check-in thing, but then they wanted me to fill out everything all over again at the pier anyway (because I wasn't just using one payment type for all occupants it seemed to confuse them. Unfortunately things still got a little more confused in their system by the end of the cruise, but I digress).

Thus, you shouldn't have any problem if you haven't done online check-in first - it's just meant to expedite things (which doesn't always happen!).

Archived