Spray tans

Corvette Girl

March 1st we will be on the Caribbean Princess. Living in a cold climate, I don't want to be pasty white, so I'm thinking of getting a spray tan done at a local salon.

Does the spray tan rub off on your clothes? Even when you sweat? I have lots of white tops and don't want the color rubbing off on them.

Also, I am allergic to self tanners that come in a tube, and even the Jergens lotion with self tanning. I use it for 2 or 3 times and I get a rash that looks like tiny blisters that ITCH. (I would have a test done first before I'd attempt a spray tan.)

There are different types. I've used Mystic, which isn't a spray on tan so to speak. It causes your skin tone to change, and will take around 6 hours to show. They also have different levels of color.

It does not rub off. However, scrub the living daylights out of your skin before hand, as it can take darker on dry patches.

Mine came out very natural looking, and I loved it. One of my daughters also loved it, the other one said it made her itchy.

I would say try a test area first. If it comes out alright with no skin reaction, then go for the whole thing...but before your trip. There is no harm in making sure you like it first.

Why not just tan a bit at a tanning booth? The spray tan (even the Mystic) will start to fade around the ankles, feet and hands and starts to look "dirty" after a few days...and it does NOTHING to help protect you from burning...and I assume you will be sunning a bit on the ship.

Unless you just want this one shot at having color (there's no spray tan on the ship), your best bet is to just get a bit of "sun" to start with!

Archived