Northwest's World Business Class

ohioNCLcruiser

I've flown many miles with Northworst (sic) in business class.

The seats are lie-flat, not flat bed. I do not find them comfortable in the extended position -- even compared to lie-flat products from other carriers. In fact, I do note extent the seat to lie-flat position to sleep. My wife (who is quite short) finds these seats VERY uncomfortable. She tries very hard to fly with someone one for trans-ocean travel.

I don't eat airline food or watch movies on-board. (I am a strong believer in the proposition that being conscious on an airplane is silly at best). If awake, I listen to my iPod and/or read. So, I will let one who cares about that part of the service comment.

747: the upstairs is, IMHO, the best place to sit. Quiet and roomy. The only negative is the spiral staircase to get there and back. Usually only well-traveled business passengers up there, so there is very little, if any, loud conversation or excess drinking. (Rows 72-80 with the 72 and 80 the least desirable rows).

330: two configurations. On the one where row 10 is biz class, try to avoid rows 5-10 (which is actually only 3 rows). Also, row 1 is nice unless there are screaming babies there (if there are babies in biz, this is where they will be) On the other configuration, the row assigned is less important, imho.

I have 73A booked on the 2nd floor both ways. From reading some other forums it sounds like Delta will have their inflight services in place by the time of my flight. Guess that means no Mai Tais for me! Flight time is aprx 10 hours each way.

NWA 747-400s look like they don't have the spiral stairs. I think only the old 747-200s do.

Thanks Paul.

I have 73A booked on the 2nd floor both ways. From reading some other forums it sounds like Delta will have their inflight services in place by the time of my flight. Guess that means no Mai Tais for me! Flight time is aprx 10 hours each way.

NWA 747-400s look like they don't have the spiral stairs. I think only the old 747-200s do.

Thanks Paul.

Oops, sorry. You and fbgd caught me :)

Proof that I have been avoiding NW recently. :) thanks for the correction.

Oops, sorry. You and fbgd caught me :)

Proof that I have been avoiding NW recently. :) thanks for the correction.

No worries, thanks for the tips above though. Have you flown Delta on any of their routes from the New York area to SFO/LAX etc? I think their ATL-HNL service will be the same as that plus a pre arrival meal.

No worries, thanks for the tips above though. Have you flown Delta on any of their routes from the New York area to SFO/LAX etc? I think their ATL-HNL service will be the same as that plus a pre arrival meal.

Sorry, can't help with that question. My flights from NYC are limited to flying home (MSP and TPA) or heading to Europe. I think Bush Senior was still President the last time I flow to California from New York (shortly thereafter, the wheel was invented which made landings much smoother).

Archived