VIP Treatment

I Love NC

We had a nice experience, and it really felt VIP. I don't remember what ship we were on, but we didn't want the standard Champagne ath the captains coctail hour so we ordered a bottle of Moet and tip the person serving it to us $20. For the rest of the cocktail hour he showed up everytime our glass was 1/2 empty and refilled it (much to the amazment and envy of other around us) I know we paid for the champagne, but the extra service felt very VIP.

Carolyn

OK, let's go throught the list:

$ 50.00 to the cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise: Fresh Fruit everyday. Great Service any time we asked.

$ 20.00 to a couple of bartenders(different bars of course): Extra Grey Goose in my drinks every time:D. Never an empty Drink while sitting at the bar.:D Always know what your drinking.:p Don't forget the cocktail waitresses in the lounges too. It works.

$ 20.00 to the head waiter(section head), $ 20.00 to your waiter: They will make sure that you have everything you need. They will often ask you if there is anything they can do. Always have a drink waiting for you before you get to dinner. It works.

An extra $ 130.00 total in tips(In addition to the automatic tip), will get you VIP service no matter what level of cabin you book.

The most important people on your cruise(Cabin Steward, Bartenders, And Waiters) will know your first name and be more willing to go the extra mile to make your cruise better.

Also: VERY Important. Remember these words:

1.) Hello,

2.) Please,

3.) How are you?,

4.) Thank you.

These words make life so much nicer.

Strange - I get all that with just the four words and I save $130.

I do give the steward extra $'s at the end of cruise.

Ron

my sister and i have booked the grand suite on the sapphire for an october cruise to mexico. it is our first cruise on the princess line. we have only cruised on regent. does anyone know if you get special perks, the vip treatment for being in this suite? will be an adventure i'm sure with 2500+ passengers when we're used to 700. plus on regent we pay nothing extra, no gratuities, no charge for dining rooms and no charge for any kind of drinks. only the cost of excursions. does princess charge extra for room service?

my sister and i have booked the grand suite on the sapphire for an october cruise to mexico. it is our first cruise on the princess line. we have only cruised on regent. does anyone know if you get special perks, the vip treatment for being in this suite? will be an adventure i'm sure with 2500+ passengers when we're used to 700. plus on regent we pay nothing extra, no gratuities, no charge for dining rooms and no charge for any kind of drinks. only the cost of excursions. does princess charge extra for room service?

There are lots of perks associated with any full suite onboard, PS, VS, PH and the Grand Suite. But over and above the perks listed on the suite description http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk I would not count on any other type of VIP treatment while onboard. And keep in mind, once you leave the suite, nobody will know if you are booked in an inside stateroom or the Grand Suite. ;)

Suite gratuities are $11 per day per person added to your shipboard account per day, but for full suites, we always add quite a bit to that either during the cruise or the last evening, in cash.

No extra charge for room service on Princess, and you will be able to order from the diningroom menu if you would like, only available for full suites onboard.

All other charges, spa, alternate restaurants, etc, will be added just as for any other passenger onboard.

Enjoy, the Grand Suites are wonderful! :)

Strange - I get all that with just the four words and I save $130.

I do give the steward extra $'s at the end of cruise.

Ron

Ron, that's my experience as well. Just treat people nicely without any expectations of return and they just naturally respond.

I feel like a VIP every cruise. And that starts with the fact the Princess crew has a great service attitude to begin with. It continues with us showing genuine respect and interest.

I find I get VIP like treatment by just being a very consistent client at a given bar. The bars do compete between themselves for customers because the 15% service charge is basically split between the staff at a given location. I like Crooners (or it's equivalent on those ships without a Crooners) for it's location for a before dinner martini, or 2. I go the first night, let the bartender know I will be their every night, and how I want my Martini made. By the second, or worst case third, night I don't even have to order, and often he (or she ) is already making the drink as they see me approach. My favorite stuffed olives, and snack are automatically put out, and sometimes when the bar, where I like to sit, is completely full, they will go get an extra chair from somewhere and make a place for me. I will usually tip the bartender(s) $20 each, but that is at the end of the cruise. I also get a chance to know the individuals a little bit, where they are from, family info., how long with Princess etc., and after a while many times they become an interesting source of "scuttlebutt" as to some not so public things that may be going occuring on the ship. Obviously the longer the trip, the more friendly the relationship becomes. In many cases where there are a number of other passengers who also are quite regular at the same time it becomes somewhat like establishing a little bit of a "Cheers" environment for a short time-we just don't all yell "Norm" when he comes in.:D

The drinks are the responsibility of the Asst. Waiter on Princess.

$ 20.00 to your waiter: They will make sure that you have everything you need. They will often ask you if there is anything they can do. Always have a drink waiting for you before you get to dinner.

OK, let's go throught the list:

$ 50.00 to the cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise: Fresh Fruit everyday. Great Service any time we asked.

$ 20.00 to a couple of bartenders(different bars of course): Extra Grey Goose in my drinks every time:D. Never an empty Drink while sitting at the bar.:D Always know what your drinking.:p Don't forget the cocktail waitresses in the lounges too. It works.

$ 20.00 to the head waiter(section head), $ 20.00 to your waiter: They will make sure that you have everything you need. They will often ask you if there is anything they can do. Always have a drink waiting for you before you get to dinner. It works.

An extra $ 130.00 total in tips(In addition to the automatic tip), will get you VIP service no matter what level of cabin you book.

The most important people on your cruise(Cabin Steward, Bartenders, And Waiters) will know your first name and be more willing to go the extra mile to make your cruise better.

Also: VERY Important. Remember these words:

1.) Hello,

2.) Please,

3.) How are you?,

4.) Thank you.

These words make life so much nicer.

I have fresh fruit everyday free in my balcony cabin. Just filled out the slip each evening and hung it on the door with the breakfast order. No upfront extra tip required.

Can't afford to drink much at the bars now the pound is so weak:(

Dining room waiters gave us great service without any upfront extra tipping.

I always remember my manners and my pleases and thankyous.

The only 'perks' we have ever received were once in Sabatinis on Sapphire Princess when I found a hair in my main course and we had the surcharge knocked off and once in the Steakhouse on Sea Princess when we had poor service and the Assistant Maitre D' invited us to dine there on another night and gave us really personal service and a verrrry expensive bottle of wine.:D

Our very first cruise was with Princess back in the early 90's. As we were walking out of the dining room the first evening we were stopped and asked our cabin number by the Maitre d'. Thought it a little odd but told him and went on our way.

When we returned to our cabin later that night there was a card telling us that we had a new dinner seat assignment. It had the table number and under that it said "Captains Table".

Being new to cruising we were a little confused. I had heard of a captains table but couldn't imagine that this is what they were really referring to.

We went to dinner the next night to find a table set for 7 with two other couples as puzzled as we were. We soon learned that this was indeed THE Captains Table and he would be dining with us. It turned out he only dined with us on the two formal nights but talk about feeling like VIPS!!!

On those nights he made a grand entrance with two officers on each side. He was seated, and everyone was looking at all of us. Was pretty neat. And talk about service!! WOW.. He even bought two bottles of wine both nights.

None of us ever found out why we happened to be picked, but it made for a wonderful cruise.

Archived