Port of Miami - luggage logistics

yashualie

My boyfriend and I are driving into Miami from Charleston SC. We're planning to park at the port, but want to go explore bayside market and/or the area around the port while we wait to get on board. My questions are: Is the market close enough to the port to walk to? Is there anything fun to do within walking distance from the port? Can we walk from parking area the ship? Can we drop our luggage off way early in the day? Any answers or advice would be appreciated!! HELP!!

Thanks!!! Michelle:p

My boyfriend and I are driving into Miami from Charleston SC. We're planning to park at the port, but want to go explore bayside market and/or the area around the port while we wait to get on board. My questions are: Is the market close enough to the port to walk to? Is there anything fun to do within walking distance from the port? Can we walk from parking area the ship? Can we drop our luggage off way early in the day? Any answers or advice would be appreciated!! HELP!!

you can't walk....you could go roam the market first then head to the ship...if you've never been there it's OK, but i would rather beon the ship as soon as possible....

i guess you could drive in, drop your stuff and go back out, but dependng on how many ships are in port, there may be a lot of traffic....

that's just MHO...others may have different ideas.

This site quotes valet parking and a phone#. http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/MallServices.asp

I agree with Meg - I would rather go directly to the Port and be onboard as soon as possible. There is nothing to do at the POM - it is in an industrial area and there is absolutely nothing else there. You cannot walk to the Bayside - I wouldn't even try it. It is over a bridge and it's just not safe.

IMO (and I may get flamed for this!), the Bayside Marketplace isn't "all that". It's more of an outdoor mall and people who are cruising wait there to kill time. It's a nice meeting place the night before; they have entertainment, but personally, I wouldn't make it a special stop on my way to a cruise ship.

You can most likely board your ship as early as 11 am or shortly thereafter, providing the disembarkation before you has gone smoothly. If there's any chance I can get on that ship, I am there. The first day is a day you've paid for... you might want to get on as early as humanly possible and begin your vacation. :)

Archived