What to do! Celebrity Century or Caribbean Princess?

Karen Lynn

I am planning a last minute trip at the end of daughters school year in early May.

I can get an Oceanview cabin on the Century

OR an inside on the new Caribbean Princess.

I am travelling with a friend and her daughter both aged 20. Any thoughts for me?

Much appreciated!

Brilliance Of The Seas ~ 03/7-17/03

Mariner of the Seas ~ 12/21-28/03

Well they are to surley different ships. This week is the Carribeans first sailing and everyone over on the Princess board is waiting for the reviews to come in. The Century is a great ship. Great food, the service is wonderfull. We also had an outside on the Century. We have just booked the Carribran Princess and I must say we have outside again which was not much more than we paid for the Century..We have never sailed a mega ship before. We are looking forward to seeing it. Thee are fresh watr pools 24/7, and outside theater and many choices for dinning. This I am sure will be totally different than our Celebrity sailings. icon_biggrin.gif

I'd go with Century only because I've made a rule for myself not to sail a new ship until it's at least five or six months old. It's takes that long to get the kinks worked out.

I'm also a little claustrophobic (got stuck on an elevators a few years ago) so I'm afraid I wouldn't be good in an inside.

You'd probaby enjoy either, though! Good Luck!

~Host Anne

The mega ship might be fun for the youngsters, but we've cruised Celebrity, Princess, RCL and Disney and could hardly wait to get off the Princess boat! UGH! Sorry, all you Princess lovers. Celebrity is our favorite, and Disney a very close second icon_smile.gif But, I'm also of the mindset that any cruise is a good cruise so...Good luck!

Days until Millenium 5/9/04 Europe

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;05;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Thanks everyone for you help.

The Caribbean Princess is sold out so the plot thickens! I am planning to cruise on her next March tho.

My friend and I are going to see her Travel Agent later and see what she can offer.I am not getting far with Internet sites, with them either being not available or higher than stated on their site.Maybe face to face we shall fare better.

Thanks again!

Brilliance Of The Seas ~ 03/7-17/03

Mariner of the Seas ~ 12/21-28/03

Hey Anne,

Being claustrophobic are you ok with just an oceanview vs room with a balcony??? Very curious because I have this same problem. Would love to be able to go with just an oceanview for a much better price.

Thanks

Chris

Since you are traveling with 20 year olds I would suggest you check out the policy for drinking (if that's something they want to do) and use of the nightclubs. Celebrity allowed over 18 year olds in the nightclubs...some lines only allow over 21. If they are interested in dancing and music at night it may put a damper on things if you can enter and they can't.

Days til I leave

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;1;7;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Summit 1/05

Galaxy 11/03

Infinity 1/02

Zenith 9/00

Hey Karen Lynn,

I'm taking my two daughters 19 & 21 on the Horizon to Bermuda on 5/29. Really looking forward to a girls vacation as we leave hubby and two sons at home. I love Celebrity because of the service and food. I know it is a smaller, older ship but have been on the Zenith, so know what to expect. Really looking forward to laying on the beautiful Bermuda beaches. I know there are still open cabins available, why not join us?

Archived