laundry

shecat7

As we are doing the translantic 17 days in November, barcelona to galveston ,can any person please tell me the price of laundry, have heard its good value.

Used to a laundrette on board , but as weight will define the item,s i can take , help is needed

Mnay thanks steve

My understanding from a previous post is these are the current prices. There is also likely to be at least one if not more laundry specials ($20 for a bagful of underwear, PJs, socks, T shirts which will be returned washed and folded (not ironed )) :

MEN WASH & PRESS:

Bathrobe $4.00

Handkerchief $ .75

Jeans $3.50

Pajamas $4.25

Pants $4.00

Shirt $3.50

Shirt/T-shirt $2.75

Shorts $3.00

Socks $1.25

Sweatshirt $3.50

Underwear $1.25

MEN DRY CLEANING:

Coat $8.25

Jacket $5.00

Pajamas, silk $5.00

Pants $4.50

Shirt $4.00

Shorts $3.50

Suit $9.00

Sweater $4.50

Tie $2.25

Vest $3.00

WOMAN WASH & PRESS:

Blouse $4.00

Dress $6.00

Hosiery $1.25

Housecoat $3.75

Nightgown $3.50

Skirt $4.00

Slacks $4.00

Slip $2.75

Swimsuit $2.25

WOMAN DRY CLEANING:

Blouse $4.50

Blouse, silk $6.00

Dress $8.00

Dress, silk $9.50

Evening Dress $9.50

Scarf $2.75

Skirt $5.00

Slacks $4.50

Suit $9.00

Pressing only: is 1/2 the cost

I was on the Indy's TA just this past November and they offered the 'bag of laundry for $20' several times during the cruise. Each time you can only fill one bag per stateroom but I believe we had four chances at it. When it comes to undergarments, socks, t-shirts, etc. this was great; and you can fit a lot into the bags they give you. However, do NOT give them anything that you don't want wrinkled - everything comes back clean but very very wrinkled.

I was on the Indy's TA just this past November and they offered the 'bag of laundry for $20' several times during the cruise. Each time you can only fill one bag per stateroom but I believe we had four chances at it. When it comes to undergarments, socks, t-shirts, etc. this was great; and you can fit a lot into the bags they give you. However, do NOT give them anything that you don't want wrinkled - everything comes back clean but very very wrinkled.

When we have used this service nothing came back wrinkled. It was washed and very neatly folded.

Considering the items that you would send out using this program, I can think of very few excluding T shirts where, if they did come back very wrinkled, it would be a problem.;)

Archived