Boot Camp on P&O Cruises from April

Kiwi Kid

When I read this my heart gave a little jump - I love to exercise but also LOVE food, and cruising's my No. 1 passion. The only downside for me being the dreaded clothes shrinking scenario that many fellow cruises will be familiar with. Boot Camp could be the answer ....

THANKS P&O! Jo

Boot camps for P&O Cruises Australia’s passengers

21/1/2009

Boot camps will be held on board P&O Cruises Australia’s ships from April, vp hotel operations Sture Myrmell announced today.

Myrmell, the former Los Angeles based director of hotel operations for Princess Cruises who took up his newly-created position in Australia early last year, said professional instructors will assess passengers before they take part in the daily Bootcamp-at-Sea programme and will monitor their progress.

He said the boot camps, to be launched in the company’s resident ships Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun and extended to Pacific Jewel when she joins the fleet at the end of the year, will include obstacle courses and intensive workouts.

He said Bootcamp-at-Sea follows the highly successful Beach Sports programme that was introduced late last year and includes friendly matches of barefoot cricket, beach volleyball and soccer between fellow guests and crew in the ports of Ouvea, Isle of Pines and Mystery Island. ‘Sport is a fundamental part of the Australian lifestyle and we have created activities to cater for the growing number of people who want to stay fit and be active, even when they are on holidays,’ Myrmell said.

What a great Idea! Especially with all that yummy food!! But honestly I wouldn't see myself doing bootcamp, because I don't want to exercise on holidays. I am happy walking the decks and walking on the stairs rather than getting the lifts and walking around the islands.

But great news for those who want to get fit while on holidays! :)

What a great Idea! Especially with all that yummy food!! But honestly I wouldn't see myself doing bootcamp, because I don't want to exercise on holidays. I am happy walking the decks and walking on the stairs rather than getting the lifts and walking around the islands.

But great news for those who want to get fit while on holidays! :)

I'm with you, Louise:).

I think the beach cricket, volleyball & soccer on the islands is a great idea. They used to do that on the Fairstar.

On the mariner of the seas they gave out points if you took part in exercise programmes eg, did the rock climbing wall or ice skating.

The teens got a hole punched in their Cc for doing things . At the end of the cruise they could trade them in for goodies.

Still not enough incentive for me to go up that rock wall though:p:D

Archived