hotel by miami port

angel-mom

I think I remember seeing Holiday Inn Port of Miami as a good place to stay before the cruise. Is there a shuttle from the airport, one to the port? Is this within walking distance to Bayside Market place? Or are there any other hotels I should look at?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami in December and it was very nice. Right across the street is Bayside Market Place. We went there for lunch and spent the afternoon people watching and listening to the bands playing. Went back for dinner and breakfast. No port shuttle that I know of (we drove) but it is just a few blocks to the cruise port. We got a great rate on aaa.com.

It's right across the street from Bayside, and the port is visible. No shuttle, but a cab is less than $10.

If you want something more upscale, try the Intercontinental...it's a Holiday property, but really, really nice! It's right next to Bayside.

Check out Priceline for downtown Miami hotels at bargain rates. Intercontinental, Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott Biscayne Bay are frequently the result if you bid successfully. We have paid as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 and gotten one of the above mentioned hotels. Biddingfortravel.com can help you determine what bids will be successful for the dates you are interested in. I don't think any of the downtown hotels offer shuttle service to the pier but as others have indicated, the taxi fare is fairly inexpensive.:)

we have stayed there 4 times on pre-nites prior to sailing and it is very nice...no not a 5 or even 4 star hotel but for one nite...it's just fine...clean and comfotable...yes right across the street from bayside...ASK FOR A PORT SIDE ROOM UP HIGH AS POSSIBLE...watch the ships leave late in the afternoon and come in around 5am in the morning...the hotel is down by the port of miami turn around...it's greta to see those hugh ship made that turn around when they come in or leave...fyi...the restaurant is horrible...pleanty of options at bayside...lunch...dinner and even breakfast...stay away7 from the hotel place...icch...from airport to hotel about a 20-25 minute cab and from hotel to pier about 3 minutes...very good value at the HOLIDAY INN BAYSIDE...

Intercontinental, Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott Biscayne Bay - are these all by the bayside marketplace for dinner and close to the port? It seems Holiday Inn is full. Anything I need to know to bid on priceline?

All are a short walk or cab ride from Bayside but not as close as the Holiday Inn. Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt are all close to the free people mover that has a stop about a block and a half from Bayside. At night I would take a cab back to the hotel. Only thing you really need to know about Priceline is that if your bid is accepted your credit card will be charged immediately and it is non-refundable. The bidding for travel site should indicate what prices are being successfully bid and give you some clue as to the right amount to offer. Some say that a bid of one third to one half of the hotel's rack rate will be successful but I can't confirm that. If you bid what you think is a reasonable amount and are successful and it is less than you would have paid if you booked directly with the hotel, don't be concerned that you might have overbid. Just be pleased that you are paying what you considered to be a good price.:)

Marriott and Hilton will offer great views of the ships docked at the pier. Our room at the Hilton had a wall of floor to ceiling windows looking out at the water.

Archived