Would you be offended?

HighSeaslover

If you are concerned about "annoying others"....do it somewhere else. Otherwise you might be the recipient of unwanted comments and stares and ruin YOUR good time.

Have fun!

Those people would not like my response to their comments and the only good time ruined would be THEIRS !!!

To answer the OP's question most definitely not. Actually I would enjoy it and ask to take a group picture. The DR other than Elegant night is a perfectly fine place to have it so GO FOR IT ! As for the square,uptight "funsuckers" who would not like it, go about your dinner and mind your own business !

We are planning a surprise b-day party for my BIL on the Glory next week. During dinner (not formal night) each person in our party is dressing as one of Gilligan's Island stars and we have ordered a cake and have a MP3 player with the theme song. If your table was next to ours would this bother you. I promise we will not be loud and out of hand just laughing and having fun. No big drinkers here.

It would not bother me.

This was one of my favorite Sidd and Marty Krofft shows...I swear he made these especially for burn-outs !!!

I had a crush on Witchie-Poo until she messed with Freddy the flute...:p

250px-Pufnstuf.jpg

\\

Absolutely but i was too young to realize that at the time;)

Witchiepoos laugh omg... What about Kaptain Kool and the Kong..

70s had some great silly tv shows..

I loved HR Puffnstuff!!

Once upon a summertime, just a dream from yesterday

A boy and his magic golden flute....something something something bay.

Come and play with me Jimmy, come and play with me

And I will take you on a trip

far across the sea...................................:D

I loved HR Puffnstuff!!

Once upon a summertime, just a dream from yesterday

A boy and his magic golden flute....something something something bay.

Come and play with me Jimmy, come and play with me

And I will take you on a trip

far across the sea...................................:D

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-yLYz6ejqw

I always wanted to be Isis!

We are planning a surprise b-day party for my BIL on the Glory next week. During dinner (not formal night) each person in our party is dressing as one of Gilligan's Island stars and we have ordered a cake and have a MP3 player with the theme song. If your table was next to ours would this bother you. I promise we will not be loud and out of hand just laughing and having fun. No big drinkers here.

I say go for it......sounds like a fun idea! As to those who say not to do it on formal night, good thing they weren't on one of our recent cruises on formal night :eek:. Soon after almost everyone was seated for dinner, in walked 4 20-somethings all dressed in their formal attire. What stood out was that the fellows were wearing the long evening gowns and makeup and the women were wearing the suits :eek:

So, your idea on a non-formal night sounds tame to me ;)

I say go for it......sounds like a fun idea! As to those who say not to do it on formal night, good thing they weren't on one of our recent cruises on formal night :eek:. Soon after almost everyone was seated for dinner, in walked 4 20-somethings all dressed in their formal attire. What stood out was that the fellows were wearing the long evening gowns and makeup and the women were wearing the suits :eek:

So, your idea on a non-formal night sounds tame to me ;)

I guess no one can say they were not formally dressed.. :p

Does anyone remember the Bugaloos

Talk about the creators smoking some really good stuff *LOL*

They were this rock group and they all had wings and flew around (the girl was soooooo cute) :)

And Martha Raye played villian and she had these two freaky little henchmen "Woofer" and "Tweeter'

"When the moon is in the seventh house ..............." *LOL*

Not at all. Cruises are times for fun like that.

I wouldn't be offended at all! You are talking a few minutes here... and as many threads as I've seen here with the "would it bother you" theme when it came to tablemates, this is the one that would bother me least because it's only a few minutes... and will make someone's birthday special... The first 10-15 minutes in the dining room never seem very structured because people are still coming in, orders being taken, etc. Maybe try getting there right on time and there shouldn't be any disruption to others... have a great time!!

I'd have to see photos of the candidates for the roles of Mary-Ann and Ginger before I can give my honest opinion.

LOL! Great answer:D

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. HAVE FUN! At the same time the dining room isn't the best pick. There will for sure be people that frown on it. Whatever you do don't do it on a formal night! Make it quick and there shouldn't be a problem. If you sat next to us prepare for our table to be taking pictures:)

To all that was concerned with the theme song, we were only going to play it at the time they deliver the cake so it would be after dinner, and I am sure unless your table is right next to ours you will not hear a thing!

As for dress, MaryAnn is wearing a denim skirt and a blue & white checked bloused tied in at the ends (no mid-drift showing). Gilligan is wearing light dockers and red long sleeve shirt, Skipper same but blue shirt, Mr. & Mrs Howel will be dressed to the tees. Ginger is wearing an evening gown with a feather boa. I don't think it too much, just meant to get a laught from my BIL, how always says he is the skipper on these trips, Therefore his present that night is a skippers hat!! :)

To all that was concerned with the theme song, we were only going to play it at the time they deliver the cake so it would be after dinner, and I am sure unless your table is right next to ours you will not hear a thing!

As for dress, MaryAnn is wearing a denim skirt and a blue & white checked bloused tied in at the ends (no mid-drift showing). Gilligan is wearing light dockers and red long sleeve shirt, Skipper same but blue shirt, Mr. & Mrs Howel will be dressed to the tees. Ginger is wearing an evening gown with a feather boa. I don't think it too much, just meant to get a laught from my BIL, how always says he is the skipper on these trips, Therefore his present that night is a skippers hat!! :)

I grew up w/ Gilligan so I would love to be at your table that nite. Be sure to come back and post lots of pics and tell us how it went. And make sure the Skipper has to wear his hat at all times on the rest of the cruise;)

There is nothing in this that should give offense to anyone- in fact,it is unlikely in the noise of the dining room and the crowded conditions, that most people would even see or hear. Have a great time!

Archived