Would you be offended?

HighSeaslover

If these folk were going to be drunk and rowdy - a concern for some of ya'll - me thinks they'd be that way no matter how they dressed.

That is an extremely valid point.

LMAO.....great idea...go for it....you all will still be better dressed than some, and it would be fun to hear that song sung instead of "Hoppy birf-day two shoes"... :p

TWO extremely valid points!!!

The theme from GI will be no more disruptive than having the wait staff burst into song and certainly a great change of pace. :D

I've seen much worse in the dinning room....LOL

:D

me too, unfortunately :eek:

Have you ever experienced Hashers????

wow.

on formal night, the group, consisting of men and women, all dress in bright red dresses......

too many hairy legs showing I tell you. :eek:

It amazes me when I see a man happy in heels. :p:p:p

They weren't disruptive but looking at them kinda made you lose your appetite LOL!!

me too, unfortunately :eek:

Have you ever experienced Hashers????

wow.

on formal night, the group, consisting of men and women, all dress in bright red dresses......

too many hairy legs showing I tell you. :eek:

It amazes me when I see a man happy in heels. :p:p:p

They weren't disruptive but looking at them kinda made you lose your appetite LOL!!

pssst.... where did all the ice cream go???:confused:

I wouldn't be too quick to make judgements about people "who don't care what others think." I make sure my kids are always well behaved and if not they are disciplined accordingly. They do not do cannonballs into the hottub, they do not run around on the elevators, and all of the other infractions posters have complained about. Both of my children are on the honor roll at school, say yes sir and no ma'am when spoken to. They are encouraged to do their own thing and not go along with the crowd.

Just because I do not care what others think, doesn't mean my children are hoodlums. It is becuase of attitudes like yours that I do not care what others think.

And for the record, I do not drink alcohol so no Wonder Woman here. And we do not have cars on blocks in the front yard. They are in the garage.

Sadly, yes! Now that was a group of ill-behaved adults (setting terrible examples for their accompanying children, too!)

your hashers had their kids with them???? wow! Ours didn't, thank God! (at least, I don't THINK they did. I didn't see any of them with kids, but then again, I tried not to pay much attention to them)

I can't imagine that........:eek:

Dining Room probably not the place. While personally, I would think it would be really funny and I would probably try to join in as a guest star castaway, some folks are REALLY SENSITIVE about the DR. They don't even want kids in there, so I doubt they would want Gilligan, Ginger and The Professor.:eek:

Try the buffet, or one of the bars or public rooms. I promise you, if you do it in the DR, especially with music, you will get crazy mad stares from some of the more serious types.

Ignore the above comments. The Dining room is fine enjoy yourself. The dining rooms on Carnival are not in anyway formal and you will be fine. Remember Carnival no longer has a formal night so any night you choose would be fine.

:o

I wouldn't be offended......but some people object to flip-flops, shorts, t-shirts, hats etc.... And "Gilligans Island" wouldn't be "Gilligan's Island" without the right costumes, would it? It would ruin the ambiance of those who need "a certain atmosphere" for food to taste good.

If you are concerned about "annoying others"....do it somewhere else. Otherwise you might be the recipient of unwanted comments and stares and ruin YOUR good time.

Have fun!

If I remember correctly...Yes I watched it all the time. None of them wore Flip flops and shorts. They were actually dressed nice. Mr Howell wore a dark blazer and the Mrs wore a fur. Ginger wore a formal and I think Mary Ann was dressed like Dorthy of the Wizard of Oz. The professor had on chinos I think. And the skipper and Gilligan were dressed like crew...lol Okay..I'm a dork

:o

If I remember correctly...Yes I watched it all the time. None of them wore Flip flops and shorts. They were actually dressed nice. The Mr Howell wore a dark blazer and the Mrs wore a fur. Ginger wore a formal and I think Mary Ann was dressed like Dorthy of the Wizard of Oz. The professor had on chinos I think...lol Okay..I'm a dork

Mary Ann wore cut off jeans shorts and a midriff showing shirt.......

Oh yes and Gilligan always wore a bucket hat:D

3 words........ GO FOR IT!!..Your celebration would be welcomed. It would be great to see everyone having fun...on our last cruise we sat next to a table of 10 and they had SOOOOOO much fun we had to talk a bit louder to hear each other...but they weren't obnoxious...just a group of family and friends enjoying themselves...Enjoy your cruise and like some of the OP's said..if I were on your cruise I'd seek out your table and join the festivities... HAVE FUN!!

Those people would not like my response to their comments and the only good time ruined would be THEIRS !!!

To answer the OP's question most definitely not. Actually I would enjoy it and ask to take a group picture. The DR other than Elegant night is a perfectly fine place to have it so GO FOR IT ! As for the square,uptight "funsuckers" who would not like it, go about your dinner and mind your own business !

Ditto!! :D

I can't wait to see someone post here after the cruise with a "You won't believe what I saw in the dining room on my cruise" story.

I love Gilligan and his friends so I would be entertained however putting myself in someone else's shoes who is not a fan maybe I would not like it so much. I agree with the other poster who said they would not want to be held hostage at another's campy party.

There are many lounges and dining venues(ie Lido buffet) where this would be appropriate but the dining room really is not one of them.

As has already been posted, how long can the song last? And I'm one of those snooty folks who doesn't want my quiet space invaded. :mad: But if that happened at the table next to mine...you might be offended when I joined in the sing-a-long. :eek:

It's GOING to be disruptive but the disruption doesn't have to last the entire meal time. And when 500 others join in the song, laughing and clapping who cares what the stogetty old koot at the next table thinks. I'll get over it....:D

Have fun and the gentleman is lucky to have a family like you that wants to help him have a great time. :rolleyes: Wish I could be there.

Archived