Has anyone used Ricky Ricardo lately for a tour?

arlodog

We are stopping in CR for a day and are thinking about using his services, but would like to hear if you have had a good experience with his services. There was a thread here a couple of days ago that mentioned him, but it must have gotten pulled.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

• 10 months later...
rickyricardotours.com

For those that used him, what tour did you take? Did you book in advance or at the port? Thanks.

We booked him at the pier. I highly recommend his tour. He has a brand new, very comfortable van. He is very informative and speaks perfect English. He lured monkeys and other animals out of the forest with his special whistle and bananas. We took the option of river boat ride to see crocodiles and it was well worth it. Saw many crocs and hundreds of different species of birds. The boat guide was also very informative and lured the crocs over to the boat with raw chicken parts. This tour was one of the highlights of our cruise.

If you do take Ricky's tour, tell him Eleanor from NY says hi.

• 2 weeks later...
Any fear of the crocs jumping up and biting you in the boat, an arm or anything?

Any chance of them tipping the boat over.?

No, the crocs seemed tame. My only fear was when the guide dangled the chicken over the side of the boat, I was afraid he would get his hand bitten off.

Has anyone heard of OkeyDokey tours or been to the Veraqua Rain Forest? Does anyone know how hard it would be for 9 people to get from the Pier in Limon to Veraqua Rain Forest and about how much should it cost. We were thinking of doing this on our own. Thanks ahead of time.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We pre-booked Ricky's tour based on this forum's suggestion.

He always answered my emails promptly and in detail. He's really flexible and customized the tour based on our needs. He was waiting for us at the place specified. We went to see both the rain forest and canal, and on the way there he showed us a lot of interesting plants, animals, sites etc.

There are 8 of us from the cruiseship and we all had a good time!

April

We are stopping in CR for a day and are thinking about using his services, but would like to hear if you have had a good experience with his services. There was a thread here a couple of days ago that mentioned him, but it must have gotten pulled.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

We toured with Ricky a few weeks ago, booked him at the pier and it was one of the best part of our cruise. He inquired what we wanted to do and what we wanted to see and took us in his new van. We got to see everything we wanted and even talked us into trying ziplining (what a high!!). He took us to a demonstration of squeezing sugar cane juice out of the stalks with free samples he called "******" which was very tasty.

We thoought his price was very competitive as did the three other couples with us.

When we got back to the ship my wife realized she had left her camera in the van. We got in touch with Ricky but he was to far from the ship to get it to us before we sailed. He sent it to our home address insured and certified and inquired a couple of times to see if we had recieved it. When I emailed him that it arrived and could we reimburse him for the cost, he told us to enjoy the pictures and hoped we would come back to his country for another visit soon.

I would highly recommend him.

We just got back from our trip and we used Ricky Ricardo tours while in Costa Rica. There were 6 of us and we booked the tour before we left. Ricky was waiting for us just outside the gate as promised. We enjoyed the morning with him very much. We saw banana plantations, the sloth sanctuary (my favorite) you really got to see the sloths up close, a canoe ride on the canal where we saw alegators, monkeys, sloths and many birds. It was a very relaxing time and Ricky answered all our questions and was cery pleasant. I would recommend his tours to anyone visiting Limon.

Maryann

• 1 month later...

In December 2009 we booked, via the internet, a private tour in Punterenas with Ricky Ricardo Private tours (www.rickyricardotours.com). We are a family of four Australians and arrived in Punterenas on Coral Princess cruise on January 13th 2010.

Ricky was at the wharf when we docked and, as we had never been to Costa Rico previously, we left the organisation of our tour itinerary to Ricky.

We had a great time in the 7 hours that we spent with Ricky. His tour van was clean and comfortable and his hospitality was first class. He went out of his way to show us many of the tourist sights around Punterenas. We travelled by aerial cable car to a private eco park and sanctuary and our local tour guide in the park was very knowledgeable and spoke clearly in English. When we compared notes with other cruise passengers later we found that we had seen more places than those on the ship’s tours and at a much lower price.

Ricky is very prompt at answering emails. Do not be discouraged by his written English in emails because his English speech is very easy to understand. We would highly recommend the tour services of Ricky Ricardo in Punterenas, Costa Rico.

• 1 month later...

We went on a tour with Ricky Ricardo while in Puntarenas on a Panama Canal cruise last month (Celebrity Mercury). The tour was a fantastic experience: everything well organized, a comfortable vehicle (new 15-passanger van for 12 of us), and a wonderful boat ride on the Tarcoles River. The boat was only for the twelve of us, and had its own very knowledgeable guide. Both he and Ricky speak very good English. We saw lots of crocodiles and tropical birds, which the guide pointed out.

I had booked the tour in advance online, then added some additional participants via the message board for our cruise. It all worked great. I highly recommend Ricky Ricardo Tours.

Carla

Puntarenas, Costa Rica – Booked our tour with Ricky Ricardo Tours. His website is rickyricardotours.com. Ricky met us at the end of the dock promptly once the ship had docked. There were 8 in the tour group from the ship that day. We stopped at a farm and had a demonstration of making a Costa Rican energy drink from fresh sugarcane, ginger, and water. It was delicious. Our next stop was for a jungle boat ride. Saw many birds and alligators. We then went to the Turubari Park and took a tram ride to the bottom and from there we saw iguanas, monkeys, birds and a butterfly farm. It was very interesting and our guide at the park was excellent. We also had lunch at the park and it was very good. On our way back to the ship we stopped for cashews and at a local grocery store for coffee. We also had a tour of Puntarenas before being dropped off at the ship. The value and excellent tour that Ricky provided was an excellent value at $95 pp. His tour was much better than any of the ship shore excursions that we talked to.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone heard of OkeyDokey tours or been to the Veraqua Rain Forest? Does anyone know how hard it would be for 9 people to get from the Pier in Limon to Veraqua Rain Forest and about how much should it cost. We were thinking of doing this on our own. Thanks ahead of time.

Several years ago we went to Tortoguero for a river ride and to see animals. They were a little hard to spot but we did see some. It was at least a 45 min. ride from Limon ( where there is nothing ) to the river...can't remember exactly.

Archived