Pack your coats kids....

kidless

Down here by Port Canaveral we dipped down into the low 30's Tuesday night, and had a hard freeze last night. Very rare for us to get that cold here. Looks like Casper threw up in my yard with all the sheets over the bushes to protect them as they are not use to this kind of weather any more then we are.

If your coming down for a cruise, bringing something warm, when that sun goes down it is getting mighty chilly down here!

Yeah, my mother is visiting my brother at his condo in Port St Lucie, and she called yesterday and complained that it was near freezing yesterday, and I told her it was suppossed to be mid 60s here today. Of course, we will be back at freezing for the weekend.

jc

Whats the weather like around March 9th? Its been in the teen in Atlanta, I dont know how the northerners do it.

March usually is pool weather here, typically February is the coldest month here, hitting early this year.....guess we need more pollution down here to get some of that global warming.......

JC> Denver has been warmer this week then us!! :(

Down here by Port Canaveral we dipped down into the low 30's Tuesday night, and had a hard freeze last night. Very rare for us to get that cold here. Looks like Casper threw up in my yard with all the sheets over the bushes to protect them as they are not use to this kind of weather any more then we are.

If your coming down for a cruise, bringing something warm, when that sun goes down it is getting mighty chilly down here!

Low 30's? Girl, I think the last time we saw 30 was Christmas! All last week we were below 0. Come on North to the real winter. Ive got a couple of extra pair of long johns and thermal socks :D

Forgot to mention that my pipes froze and we had to thaw them with a heater! We had no h20 for hours.

Low 30's? Girl, I think the last time we saw 30 was Christmas! All last week we were below 0. Come on North to the real winter. Ive got a couple of extra pair of long johns and thermal socks :D

Oh, I know up north it is worse, been there done that, moved south!!! :D

But when you are use to 80's and 90's and then you hit 30 plus humidity let me tell you it might as well be 30 below. :(

Plus want to make sure anyone coming down to cruise doesn't think it is going to be 80 degree's and be running around in shorts and tank tops!!! :cool:

Plus want to make sure anyone coming down to cruise doesn't think it is going to be 80 degree's and be running around in shorts and tank tops!!! :cool:

I DID THAT! First cruise. Mid Feburary. I was expecting to land in FL. to bright sunshine and temps in the 80"s or at least 70:s. It was COLD. I was not prepared for that. All I had was a sweater for "chilly" nights on the ship :p I did see on the news where old man winter blew a little your way. Believe me. You will see sunny, warm days long before I will.

thank you so much for the post kidless. we will not be down there until november but i am sure there are people on these boards that will now bring their jackets thanks to you:)

we were in miami in november. we expected it to be warm, we were wrong:) we spent the morning look in stores to buy a sweatshirt:)

thank you so much for the post kidless. we will not be down there until november but i am sure there are people on these boards that will now bring their jackets thanks to you:)

we were in miami in november. we expected it to be warm, we were wrong:) we spent the morning look in stores to buy a sweatshirt:)

Yes we had an un-seasonably cold fall and now winter, hoping that means a early and warm spring...... :D

Thanks for the heads up. We are heading down in a few weeks. Hopefully it warms up by then. I am trying desperately to escape the miserable weather up here. Although, after weeks below freezing and averages in the single digits with highs in the low teens, snow storms and debilitating ice storms, me thinks 40 degrees will feel like a heatwave:D

Archived