Visa for India

dundalkspur

India requires individual visa that have to be obtain prior to your cruise. Before you use a visa company check out if you cannot get it on your own. since we have just seen many british get riped off on the Asia cruises. The Chinese Embassy only require a dual enty but the visa companies have been insisting on multiple entry visa - sure they simply earn more on those multiple entry ones!!!

Hi Dundalkspur,

We just got our visas for India 2 days ago. They cost AUD$93 each and we also had to provide a registered, self-addressed envelope ($4.50) in which they could be returned. The Embassy here in Melbourne was very efficient and they were returned by courier 3 days after we deposited them. Be aware that you will also need visas for Egypt. We are going to apply for them tomorrow so can't comment yet on the length of time they take.

Hi Dundalkspur,

We just got our visas for India 2 days ago. They cost AUD$93 each and we also had to provide a registered, self-addressed envelope ($4.50) in which they could be returned. The Embassy here in Melbourne was very efficient and they were returned by courier 3 days after we deposited them. Be aware that you will also need visas for Egypt. We are going to apply for them tomorrow so can't comment yet on the length of time they take.

Golspie

For the April Singapore to Athens sailing, RCCI in both UK and US have confirmed to me that they will be obtaining visas for Egypt for ALL passengers.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the tip off.

Don't know what is going on as my CA has twice confirmed that you have to get your own visas for Egypt. I will follow it up with them again. If Azamara is getting the visas we will just have spent $100 AUD for nothing!!!

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the tip off.

Don't know what is going on as my CA has twice confirmed that you have to get your own visas for Egypt. I will follow it up with them again. If Azamara is getting the visas we will just have spent $100 AUD for nothing!!!

Golspie

I have emails from both the UK and US if you need something to wave at someone!

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the offer. When I contacted my TA yesterday she maintained that Azamara was not obtaining visas so I emailed Azamara international reservations and discovered that Azamara is in fact obtaining visas which is in line with your info. Back to TA again who says that this is a new offer by Azamara and that visas will cost USD$50pp. Don't know how that compares with the price you would pay at the UK Egyptian Embassy but it is 30% cheaper for us to get our own visas at the Embassy in Melbourne than to go with the Azamara deal. They cost AUD$45 pp.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the offer. When I contacted my TA yesterday she maintained that Azamara was not obtaining visas so I emailed Azamara international reservations and discovered that Azamara is in fact obtaining visas which is in line with your info. Back to TA again who says that this is a new offer by Azamara and that visas will cost USD$50pp. Don't know how that compares with the price you would pay at the UK Egyptian Embassy but it is 30% cheaper for us to get our own visas at the Embassy in Melbourne than to go with the Azamara deal. They cost AUD$45 pp.

Golspie

Thanks for the further clarification but as our passports have already been lost in the post applying for the Indian visas, I am happy to go with Azamara's visas, whatever the cost. It has cost me £164 this morning to apply for replacements without the inconvenience. As I do not plan to let the passports out of our control once they are reissued, it will mean two trips to London to get the Indian visas. If I add the same cost the the Egyptian visas, it will be cheaper to go with Azamara as well.

Sue

Hye .. we sailed Athens to Singapore on Quest in November 08 ..

No requirement for a visa for Eqypt it's all handled on board .. BUT India is a very different story ..

Definately need a visa for India .. we had 34 pax who did not have one and they did not get off the ship at Goa .. but were eventually allowed to go on a bus tour [not allowed off] at Cochin ..

Hope this helps ..

Allan

Hye .. we sailed Athens to Singapore on Quest in November 08 ..

No requirement for a visa for Eqypt it's all handled on board .. BUT India is a very different story ..

Definately need a visa for India .. we had 34 pax who did not have one and they did not get off the ship at Goa .. but were eventually allowed to go on a bus tour [not allowed off] at Cochin ..

Hope this helps ..

Allan

Allan

Can you confirm whether Azamara made a charge for the Egyptian visa, please? Thanks.

Sue

Most guests are provided with a Quick Trip Visa onboard the vessel which is valid for 72 hours and allows entry to Egypt.

This service is available to citizens of the UK, US, Canada, European Economic Community, Scandinavian countries, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Please note this service is not available to Israeli citizens.

There is currently no cost.

Taken from email received from RCI - so there is no need to buy your own.

Golspie - I'd get a new TA! The $50 charge is for visas for Vietnam and Cambodia only.

Most guests are provided with a Quick Trip Visa onboard the vessel which is valid for 72 hours and allows entry to Egypt.

This service is available to citizens of the UK, US, Canada, European Economic Community, Scandinavian countries, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

Golspie - I'd get a new TA! The $50 charge is for visas for Vietnam and Cambodia only.

Albert

You are a star! Thanks for ALL your help.

Sue

Thanks, Albert. After a series of monumental blunders and misinformation we are certainly never going to book with this TA again. Don't know where we'd be without the assistance of from all you cruisers. Thanks a million.

In the light of what has occurred up till now can't guarantee that this will be my last question!!

Archived