Best balcony for sun on liberty?

You know, it will depend on the direction the ship is pointing in relation to the sun! All cabin decks are covered by the deck above, so real "sunbathing" is unlikely on any balcony--that's what the pool deck (open to the sky) is for!

:D I just remember someone posting about some balconies getting more sun. Given this ship is so ginormous, I thought maybe I was missing something. We always got a little sun at some part of the day on all the balconies we have enjoyed, I just thought maybe there was one floor better than another? You know, some secret balconies! LOL

We are having a really hard time even deciding on a room on this ship!:) How about this: I will take any advice on favorite Liberty of the Seas balcony rooms!

Thanks!

You know, it will depend on the direction the ship is pointing in relation to the sun! All cabin decks are covered by the deck above, so real "sunbathing" is unlikely on any balcony--that's what the pool deck (open to the sky) is for!

If peace, quiet and sun is what you seek :), then look no further than the aft-ish area of the ship, located behind the flowrider.

You can get there by walking through Johnny Rockets. Anywhere on that piece of deck is wonderful, in my opinion. It was pretty much deserted and quiet and had lots of afternoon sun with a gorgeous view of the open ocean.

Enjoy your cruise!! The Liberty is wonderful :)

If peace, quiet and sun is what you seek :), then look no further than the aft-ish area of the ship, located behind the flowrider.

You can get there by walking through Johnny Rockets. Anywhere on that piece of deck is wonderful, in my opinion. It was pretty much deserted and quiet and had lots of afternoon sun with a gorgeous view of the open ocean.

Enjoy your cruise!! The Liberty is wonderful :)

Freedomrear.jpg

FREEDOMOTSfromabove.jpg

:D I just remember someone posting about some balconies getting more sun. Given this ship is so ginormous, I thought maybe I was missing something. We always got a little sun at some part of the day on all the balconies we have enjoyed, I just thought maybe there was one floor better than another? You know, some secret balconies! LOL

We are having a really hard time even deciding on a room on this ship!:) How about this: I will take any advice on favorite Liberty of the Seas balcony rooms!

Thanks!

Corner stern deck 8 and 9 have very little overhang.

You guys are awesome! Thanks!!!!:) I am thinking Aft it is!:D

Lisa

The Aft of the Freedom and Liberty both seem to have that massive metal structure that puts the balcony well inside the edge of the ship. I would think these would have the least amount of sun. I'd stick to the sides of the ship if sunshine is what you are looking for. Maybe the bow - but, I always worry about motion in the bow section.

Good luck picking! The Liberty is a fabulous ship!!

The Aft of the Freedom and Liberty both seem to have that massive metal structure that puts the balcony well inside the edge of the ship. I would think these would have the least amount of sun. I'd stick to the sides of the ship if sunshine is what you are looking for. Maybe the bow - but, I always worry about motion in the bow section.

Good luck picking! The Liberty is a fabulous ship!!

Thats why I said corner stern deck 8 and 9. Lots of sun, no obstruction.

We have the deck 7 corner aft balcony for our turn on the LOS in June. I've seen the balcony interior and from the dock exterior pics, but the head on and just above pics are awsome! Can't wait to get out of this cold winter and enjoy an early summer trip on the LOS!!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived