Which cruise line allows 2year olds in Childrens program

expoguide

We are planning a last minute cruise this Feb, outside of Carnival does any other cruise line allow a 2 year old in thier camp? Also if anyone has any personal experince with a 2 year old in Carnivals (or any other cruise lines) program please let me know how it went.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just got off the Triumph and my 2 year old participated in Camp Carnival. Some days she went right in, some days she didn't want to go. I didn't force her,but she had fun when she went. Lots of fun activities for her to do. One day I got off the elevator to pick her up and I heard her LAUGHING soooo hard and loud. They were running around and she was obviously loving it. The staff was really great with both of mine (i also had a 6 month old that did babysitting). You get a cell phone for the week so you can call and check in with them or they can call you. They also change diapers if your 2 year old is still not potty trained.

My DS (now 4.5yo) went to Camp Carnival on the Conquest when he was 2. They were great with him... he didn't go often at that time & when he did he didn't want me to leave, but I always waited around the corner & within a few minutes he was off & playing. He was still a little young to really enjoy the whole experience, but the staff was great. I waited to cruise with him again until this past Nov., he LOVED it & begs to go back! You know your child better than anyone else, but the staff is excellent!

We went on NCL with our kids precisely because they allow 2yo in the Kids Crew. This was in 2005. We've been on 2 more NCL cruises since then (4th one booked for this coming June!). Our kids LOVE the Kids Crew. We can't keep them out of there. They are disappointed when we dock and say we're going ashore. They'd rather go to the Kids Crew.

And, they never gave us a phone. They gave us a pager (only works on the ship) in case our then 2yo DD needed a diaper change. The kids are 5 and 10 now so that's not an issue.

I think Disney may be the only other line that takes 2 yo.

Not quite. ;) Disney allows 3 AND potty trained in their "camp" - Under 3's and non-potty trained kids are taken in Flounders Nursery - a paid babysitting service.

NCL allows 2 year olds. They won't change diapers but they will page you when the diaper needs to be changed. But this means that you can't leave a child in the kids crew and leave the ship because then you won't be around to change a diaper.

Carnival will change diapers when needed. My youngest LOVED Camp Carnival when she was 2. It was her favorite camp (even over RCCL and Disney) The counselors were very good with her because she wasn't able to speak very well at 2 (if at all).

All of the kids club info (as collected by the parents of the family board here) are at the links in my signature. You can see the different activity schedules there. :)

Hi there

We are thinking about cruising on Carnival and using Camp Carnival, Is there a charge for getting the cell phone for the week? How long can your child stay in Camp Carnival for? For example can you leave the ship and have your child in Camp Carnival for 4 hours? I dont think I could leave my child for that length of time as I would miss him too much! Just one of the stops is Nassau and you can go to Sandals for a day, my husband and I went there many years ago and would love to return so a couple of hours would be enough, but just wondered what the policy is of leaving your child in Camp Carnvial and being off the ship? would the cell phone get a signal ok if you left the ship?

Any information would be great!

I just got off the Triumph and my 2 year old participated in Camp Carnival. Some days she went right in, some days she didn't want to go. I didn't force her,but she had fun when she went. Lots of fun activities for her to do. One day I got off the elevator to pick her up and I heard her LAUGHING soooo hard and loud. They were running around and she was obviously loving it. The staff was really great with both of mine (i also had a 6 month old that did babysitting). You get a cell phone for the week so you can call and check in with them or they can call you. They also change diapers if your 2 year old is still not potty trained.

free for parents of kids 2-5. I don't know if it works off the ship. Our 35-month-old LOVED camp carnival, she also enjoyed it last week at age 5 (2 weeks short of 6). She had never been in any sort of daycare or away from me when she was 35 months when we cruised.

I can't recall exactly - but I think for under 2s it's $6/hour... but I believe the Caper I saw said that they opened at 9am & had it listed for under 2s to be picked up at noon. The pagers do not work off the ship, and there is no charge for them.

Cell phones are free for 2-5 year olds and as the previous people said, they are free. But they do not work off the ship. They will give one to you when you check your kid in for the first time and you can keep it until 10pm the night before you leave. Camp Carnival is open from 7am on port days and they will do lunch with them if you are still off the ship. If your son is under 2, they do paid babysitting until noon on port days for $6/hour. We always bruoght our kids to port so I don't have any experience with that, but we did utilize the babysitting at night once.

Archived