What is the Advantage of Using a TA?

mjl1960

I was just curious, what are the advantages of using a TA rather than using a PVP and dealing with Carnival directly? I have had all my communications with Carnival through one of the PVP as part of a group, and have had no questions go unanswered, though he does try to sell you on doing flight, insurance, everything through Carnival, when I found it is cheaper and more flexible to do the flight and insurance myself. Also he wasn't real big on wanting to work with me to fly in the day before either, as I wanted to take the stress of possibly missing a flight or connection out of the equation.

I am just curious to hear everyone's views on this. I have read threads on here where TA's haven't made payments to Carnival on-time, causing problems, and other threads where the TA's didn't seem like they were willing to work to make any changes when asked.

From my experiences this past week with my PVP, I can honestly say I will always use my TA for booking vacations/cruises from now on. My TA is great about returning phone calls and emails and she is very sensitive and understanding to our family needs. My PVP didn't seem to care or listen to anything I had to say about our upcoming cruise - which has caused a lot of hassle this past week.

I have personally worked with my TA, who works in a cruise only center for almost 20 yrs. We met when I worked there for a few months when I was laid off from another job. She also became a personal friend. The difference between a PVP and TA could be night and day or nothing at all. I think it all depends on who you have used before. If you don't have a particular TA, then a PVP is fine. A PVP IS a TA, except they happen to work for one particular cruise line. Some posters have used the same PVP for several years and wouldn't go elsewhere, even if it saved them a few bucks.

It's all personal preference. If you don't have a personal TA, than I would probably stick with a PVP, but it you aren't satisfied with the one you have, then find another PVP. Hopefully, you will build a lasting relationship with them and they will be there for your cruising needs for many years to come.

Thanks for the replies. I have been pretty happy with David at Carnival, he always answers his emails and calls back when I have called and left a message. He even called me and offered a military discount when they came out and saved not only me, but two other couples money using my military discount.

It seems like the majority of the posts on here about TA's involve problems...so I was just wondering.

Archived