what not to miss - Serenade

j&b'smommy

Past Serenade cruisers!!! I am leaving on the Serenade next weekend. Please tell me what is "not-to-miss". Are there any places on the ship that you discovered and wish you had discovered them sooner? Any nights that are better to miss in the dining room to go to Portofino? Any other "secrets" about the ship you discovered and wish to share?

The Seaview Cafe! It was great for late night snacks. A lot of people don't seem to know it is there, so it was never busy. Also, be sure you go to the Crown and Anchor area (can't remember what it was actually called) and look down through the glass in the center....it is an awesome view of the many decks below. The crew....they are awesome....make some new friends (Sinead at the pursors desk and Hannah at the Windjammer are a great start) You'll love the ship. We have been on her twice this year and scheduled for May 2005.

Just wondering... Is Hanna the greeter in the Windjammmer??? If so, she was always a welcome sight with her smile and all. And we agree the staff is all so friendly. The bartenders in the Schooner were great also (Pablo & Steven) they were always a hoot 13_4_9.gif . In fact, if they are still there tell them we said hello... We were on the last Alaskan cruise for this year, and I was the one who drank all of their Michelobe Ultra :D . The one thing not to miss though is the self leveling pool tables in the back of the Schooner.

MadCnty...

You're right...Hannah is the greeter when entering the Windjammer, with the awesome smile. She and another person (a guy also from India...can't even begin to spell his name) were great. They both made you feel so welcome. With all of the people they meet, they actually remembered having us on board previously...each kind of looked at us and asked if we were on earlier in the year, thinking they recognized us. (We sailed in March and the end of May)

j & b's mommy;

We are going on the Serenade this weekend. Are you sailing on the Nov. 20 Itenerary? We have a great Rollcall Thread on the Rollcall board. Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle Party??

Come on over and introduce yourself if you are on this sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=16346&page=1&pp=25&highlight=serenade

I also want to urge you to see all the art on the ship. It is everywhere and just wonderful. A trip to Chops should not be missed either! The bartenders seem to have the recipe for a Miami Vice perfected also. You will have a wonderful time, take extra time to just explore the ship. We even thought the library was above average. ENJOY!

Go up to the 13 th floor on the sea-view elevators...look for the blue cows!!!!

Also, I agree the glass floor in the C & A room (12 th floor) is an absolute must!

On Friday morning, while at sea, go to the helipad and watch the sail-by Montserrat Island.....bring binoculars, bring a good camera...DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS ISLAND VIEWING !!!! This is the island that experienced a devastating volcanic eruption in 1996/1997 (???) The Captain will sail within about 1/2 mile of the coast....it is breath-taking.

Happy Sailing

I couldn't believe those blue cows--bet most don't even see them. You've gotten great advice. Hannah does have the most beautiful smile and so friendly. We sailed Serenade to Hawaii this past September. This had to be the nicest crew. The captain makes all the difference great captain treats his crew great and it in turn the staff treats the guests great. Every staff member I talked to only had great things to say about how great the captain was and how great he was to the crew. Everyone truly seemed to love their job! I'm a fan of the Voyager class and was leary about the Serenade since I wasn't too crazy about Legend of the Seas. Serenade is a great ship and so beautiful looking forward to sailing her again--just have to book that cruise.

Leave for the Explorer in 2 weeks--will be our 2nd cruise on the Explorer.

Trying to decide what to book next what fun!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey lizstas - what a small world...I live in Orland Park too!! Born and raised here for 29 years :) Do you use a local travel agent? We use a local agency out at the mall...going on Radiance of the Seas in July with 10 family members. My parents have an Owners Suite and we also have 3 junior suites...all on Deck 10. Ours are 1538, 1540, and 1542. We sailed HAL 10 years ago to Alaska...looking forward to this trip~

Archived