san diego - las vegas - grand canyon

GillCC

sorry if this is in the wrong place....

after our cruise we will be travelling on to LV. We want to take a tour to the Grand Canyon - plane or helicopter. Does anyone have any recommendations pls

I don't know if this is in the wrong place either but will give you what little help I can.

I'm assuming you mean plane or helicopter once you reach Las Vegas. All I can say is that my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Australia, visited me here in San Diego a couple of years ago and we drove to the Grand Canyon. They elected to take a helicopter tour of the Canyon while I, who had been to the Grand Canyon several times already, elected to keep my feet on terra firma:D. They both came back from the flight absolutely raving about how incredible the experience was and thought that it was worth every penny.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Valerie:)

thanks Valerie - we have just booked a helicopter/plane combo with a visit to the skywalk ! can't think of a better way to get over the shock of having to leave our lovely cruise!

You are more than welcome and do please really enjoy the Grand Canyon experience - it really is an experience - not something that one runs across every day.

As far as the Skywalk goes: my hat goes off to you since I have a fear of heights and this would just destroy me but if you don't have a fear of heights then you are just going to blown away by the incredible beauty of the Grand Canyon and its many moods and mysteries.

Have a wonderful time and I do understand the shock after leaving your lovely cruise - but hey: it's a whole new day for you and a whole new wonderful world to explore.

Valerie:)

thanks Valerie - we have just booked a helicopter/plane combo with a visit to the skywalk ! can't think of a better way to get over the shock of having to leave our lovely cruise!

IMHO, I would drop the Skywalk and go to the real Grand Canyon. The Skywalk is in the area called the West Canyon that did not even exist until the Native Americans set up an effort to attract visitors and hired a publicity flack to come up with the name for the place.

The Skywalk is not that big and you do not see much more than you can see from the rim. Also, you cannot take pictures from the Skywalk as they do not want to take any chances of having you drop your camera on the glass and scratch it. Finally, it is very expensive.

For the price of the Skywalk, I am sure that you can get a package that takes you to the South Rim.

DON

Archived