Dressing your Hubby!

BroncosFan2010

Okay, I finally talked my DH in to buying two brand new and amazing suits. He looks so good in them! I cannot wait to dress him up for our formal nights. Now, we are debating what shirts/ties to pack.

So, ladies.... do you try to match his shirts and ties to your dress???

I am packing an emerald green ball gown with silver beading. I am trying to get DH to agree to buy a dark green shirt and green and silver tie.

What do you think? I wish I had pictures... but my dress is at the cleaners, and his suits are out being altered.

Okay, I finally talked my DH in to buying two brand new and amazing suits. He looks so good in them! I cannot wait to dress him up for our formal nights. Now, we are debating what shirts/ties to pack.

I am packing an emerald green ball gown with silver beading. I am trying to get DH to agree to buy a dark green shirt and green and silver tie.

What do you think? I wish I had pictures... but my dress is at the cleaners, and his suits are out being altered.

I honestly think I would go with a white shirt and some type of tie that would accentuate the dress you are wearing. Greens are hard to match, and you might end up clashing. I just really had good fortune to find a cummerbund set to match my dress in the emerald. They have all kinds of ties. I will give you the link if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the quick reply. We were going to go out and buy the shirt and tie together, so we will make sure they match... But I like your idea about the white shirt.

Maybe I will go with a silver/gray shirt and the green/silver tie???

A light gray would work. I think it would be so much nicer for pictures! I see your cruise is coming up very soon!!!:)

A light gray would work. I think it would be so much nicer for pictures! I see your cruise is coming up very soon!!!:)

Yes, it is rather soon! I am getting really excited... the suitcases are out, some clothes are already packed, and I cannot wait to get out of this Michigan weather!

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, it is rather soon! I am getting really excited... the suitcases are out, some clothes are already packed, and I cannot wait to get out of this Michigan weather!

Thanks for the advice!

Your welcome! Hope you have a great time on your cruise! I think I'll go out now and work on my tan!!! :D

I don't try to get us to match, rather we coordinate. Since I wear so much black, he can usually wear whatever he wants with shirt and tie. I do have one ivory and gold dress, he wears an off white shirt rather than a white shirt then, so the ivory color doesn't look dingy.

I'll usually try to pick up a hint of my dress color in his tie if I do wear color. One thing we swore to each other on our honeymoon (we were in Hawaii, so lots of families in matching Hawaiian clothing) was that we never wanted to dress in matching clothes. I see it sometimes on cruises, whole families dressed alike, it's just not our style. I do coordinate our kids so we look nice in photos together, but I've never matched any of us.

It may have come from a lifetime of having a sister one year older, my mother dressed us alike all the time, we hated it.

Hmm... we haven't necessarily tried to match but we've always at least tried not to clash (does that make sense?) Like if I wear a patterned dress he wears a solid or very subtle tie... if I wear a solid he wears a pattern, perhaps with a hint of a color that is in my dress. For our last two formal nights he wore black tie/vest with his tux while I wore a black dress, and a white tie/vest with my red dress (more versatile and easier than trying to find JUST THE RIGHT red)

Well.... since he is not going to be wearing a floor length ballgown, we will not be "matching", just coordinating colors.

I think the person was referring to matching the level of dressiness.

For example, if you're in a long gown, and he was in a shirt with no tie or jacket, you wouldn't "match".

I see this on TV shows with 20somethings all the time. Couple going on a date. She's in a hot little dress with perfect hair and makeup, while he's in raggy jeans and and old plaid shirt. Looks terrible.

But back to you....

My husband and I don't match colors it's not our style to do that, however, we would not want to clash in photo's.

Archived