question about what to wear

JJMERKEL

We are planning to go on Carnival Triumph in March 2009 and I wondered what you should wear for dinners? Also what about the kids, do they need to dress up as well?

JJ, welcome to Cruise Critic. Try posting this on the Carnival Board. Might get more and better responses there.

You need to be decked out in designer-brand 3 piece suits for gentlemen and beaded (no sequins please) ballgowns for ladies. Children need to be in appropriate island attire--loinskins for the boys and no female children are allowed in public.

Kidding :p:D

Just wear something nice on formal nights but other nights you can wear jeans,t shirts, etc. Welcome to Carnival!

From their website:

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Carnival has a much more "relaxed" dress policy than most other lines. On the majority of evenings, capris, slacks, dockers, etc... are fine. (Shorts are still not really acceptable, although you will see some wearing them) On "Elegant" night, you can do almost anything from formal gowns to dressy "regular" clothes.

I dress business casual most nights and on formal nights, what you would wear to a nice day wedding.JMHO. I personally don't think jeans have a place in the dining room at night unless they were a REALLY nice pair of dress jeans that would be suitable to wear in a casual business environment.

We are planning to go on Carnival Triumph in March 2009 and I wondered what you should wear for dinners? Also what about the kids, do they need to dress up as well?

I absolutely hate to get dressed up on vacation! We go for the formal dinners probably 4 nights and the others we eat at the buffet.

I usually wear a pretty top with a pair of dress slacks and dressier sandles. I dress it up further w/ fine jewlery. My husband wears his suit and on non formal nights he wears dress pants and a polo shirt.

Now you will also see the direct opposite. Some folks live for the formal dinners and wear beautiful gowns and tuxes. I have never had anyone look down their nose at us because were weren't dressed to the hilt!

Only those folks who wear shorts and jeans get looks!!:eek: It's not big deal to us.....they paid for their vacation too!

My 16 year old son wears dress slacks and a polo shirt.....when he goes. He prefers the buffet. Little ones usually have dockers and nice shirt and sun dresses.

If you're like us, you run back to your room and throw your shorts and flip flops back on right after dinner!

Archived