Departure off Ship Question

AlanAD62

Hi All,

We will be returning to port on the Freedom on Sun. Aug. 9. We have an evening flight (8:00 pm) and were wondering what is the latest time we can depart the ship. I don't think the Freedom sails again until Aug. 16....

Thanks in advance...

Alan

August 9th must either be a chartered cruise or maybe it is going into drydock. Either way, they will probably want everyone off the ship by 10 AM. If it is a chartered cruise after you, there will be people getting onboard by 11 or 11:30. If it is headed to drydock, they will want to leave the pier ASAP.

If you can't get an earlier flight, I'd look into booking a room at a hotel. That's an awful lot of time to "kill" without a place to "call home', so to speak!

They try to clear the ship by 10 am, but you have to be out of the cabin by 8.

I apologise for not knowing the geography of the USA. Are you flying to meet your cruise? If you are, are you purchasing your flights through the cruise company? Reason I'm asking is that we are being provided with a day room on our debarkation day by RCCL as part of our fly/cruise booking. Having said that Idoubt very much that we will be using it and will be sight seeing instead.

We had an evening flight from MIA returning from our Celebrity Century TA cruise last month. We rented a small car for the day from Alamo that provided a shuttle service from the Port of Miami to their rental lot that was located just off of the Dolphin Expy (Hwy 836) on the way to MIA. We spent the morning along the coast down Coral Gardens way, had a late lunch, did some shopping before dropping off the car at the same lot and being shuttled to MIA for our 6PM flight. Total cost for the car was $43 plus a few dollar for gas. That wasn't much more than what the ship's transfer or a taxi to the airport was going to cost us.

Archived