Suggestions of things to do with an infant and toddler?

mercedes355

We're going on the Carnival Conquest in May. My daughter will be 22 months and my son will be 7 months old so they will be too young to be involved with Camp Carnival. We plan to hang out by the pool and eat our meals mostly on the Lido deck. We have a balcony cabin so DH and I can be on the balcony when the kids are napping. We also plan to take the kids to the playroom between 12-2 p.m. Is there any other suggestions you guys have of what we should do on the ship? Also, I am at a loss of what to do in Montego Bay. Right now, we are planning to stay on the ship.

Any ideas would be really appreciated. I know it's going to be crazy but I can't wait!

Thanks,

Jennifer

And the kids can't use the pool either. :( Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that.

Mo Bay - we stay onboard when Mo Bay is our port. The only place that appealed to us was either the Doctors Cave Beach or Sunset Resort....but frankly....Jamaica has some of the most aggresive locals. So unless you are in a tour, I wouldn't wander off with the kids.

Go to the family welcome aboard party the first night. Music, games, baloons, dancing. Your older one will love it, your younger one will love watching. Bring a baby bjorn or sling and you can dance with both of them. Bring a small blow-up pool for the lido deck and some water toys to play with. Walk around the decks, exploring all the areas. Bring a blow up beach ball and go to an empty lounge during the day and let the older one play and run around. Set a blanket down on the floor with some toys for the younger one. Bring bubbles for the lido deck or balcony. Get some cups from the buffet area and let your older one stack them at the table or play with them in the blow-up pool. Stickers and paper are good table activities for the older one. We sailed with our DD at 7mo, 12mo, 19mo, 24mo, 28mo and 36mo so she has been at practically every stage of toddlerhood so far. At ports we would just go to the beach since she loved the water. There is also the "under 2" time at camp carnival on sea days from 12-2pm you can go in and play with them.

Thank you for the advice.

Michele-

I know my son won't be able to use the pool but I thought if the 22 month old is out of diapers she could. Am I wrong? Right now, we are still using pullups at night but I'm hoping she could be potty trained in time.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thank you for the advice.

Michele-

I know my son won't be able to use the pool but I thought if the 22 month old is out of diapers she could. Am I wrong? Right now, we are still using pullups at night but I'm hoping she could be potty trained in time.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Oh yeah, no doubt. If she is potty trained at 22 months (my youngest was) then of course she can use the pools. :D

Archived