Getting your dining requests?

caranc

I am booked on oceana in April (booked November) when I booked I requested 2nd sitting for 4 (we are a family of 4). It seems that the travel agent got the request wrong put us down for 1st sitting and then tried to change it later. As a result me and my partner have been put on 2nd sitting but our 2 children are on freedom dining.

This is obviously no use to us, I do want to eat with my family and would still like 2nd sitting as initially requested the children are now on the wait list and are no. 29. How likely is it that they will get 2nd sitting with us. I have spoken to P&O who can't do anything to help and spoken to the travel agent.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, any tips on sorting this out?

If at the end of the day you have not got it sorted, the head waiter is always available at 3pm in the restaurant on departure day to sort out table allocation. They are usually able to give you what you want but there may be a bit of a queue.

If your travel agent cant sort out separating your children, I would use another travel agent next time

Brian

we always go for the biggest table possible as we believe thats the best way to make excellent friendships that last!!

that said, as you could imagine they can't keep everyone happy and we got a 6 this time, and our friends (correct me if I'm wrong Huw!) put down for a max 8 table and ended up on a cosy 2! they were happy with that so stayed like that... but i guess it could also work the other way round too! another thing to note is that the Ventura has 2 dining rooms for 'set' dining times, and a third for the flexibility, so there is always the chance i suppose to move from one restaurant to another to fit in with your wishes..

we get on the ship, see what we have and IF we weren't too happy we'd ask to change... not sure if someone has mentioned it, but the 'anytime' dining may restrict them also in keeping everyone happy...

We are going on Ventura on the 13th February we booked April last year.

At the time of booking we requested 2nd sitting club dining for a table of eight.although it is only hubby and myself we like the company at dinner.

We were told at the time by our travel agent that we were on a wait list for second sitting and would not know until we boarded the ship if our request would be met. We contacted P.O. direct and told them that if our request for second sitting could not be met we definately did not want to be on first sitting and could we opt for freedom dining if our request was not met. They replied that that would be O.K.

We have now received our tickets and the information is detailed on them. i.e. waitlist second sitting club dining or freedom dining if request is not met.

I have read that other cruisers seem to know in advance if their request has been met. Also that they are e.g. 29 on the wait list. Cannot understand this can anyone tell me how to get this information as it would be nice to know in advance if we have been given club dining.

We are going on Ventura on the 13th February we booked April last year.

At the time of booking we requested 2nd sitting club dining for a table of eight.although it is only hubby and myself we like the company at dinner.

We were told at the time by our travel agent that we were on a wait list for second sitting and would not know until we boarded the ship if our request would be met. We contacted P.O. direct and told them that if our request for second sitting could not be met we definately did not want to be on first sitting and could we opt for freedom dining if our request was not met. They replied that that would be O.K.

We have now received our tickets and the information is detailed on them. i.e. waitlist second sitting club dining or freedom dining if request is not met.

I have read that other cruisers seem to know in advance if their request has been met. Also that they are e.g. 29 on the wait list. Cannot understand this can anyone tell me how to get this information as it would be nice to know in advance if we have been given club dining.

Don't worry about anything, when you board you will find a card in your cabin with your allocated table and sitting, if it not to your liking you can go, from 3 or 3.30pm to the restaurant where you are allocated and speak to the maitre d' who will do his best to accommodate you. Loads of people move tables and sittings. It may not happen that evening but probably will, if not it will be the second day and you will get a card in your cabin telling you. Enjoy the cruise.

I am making a guess here and so apologies if I am wrong.

If your children are in another cabin to yourself then you can ask your TA to link your cabins for dining purposes.

Hopefully this will move them higher up the list for when the restaurant teams are allocating the rest of the tables in advance of your cruise.

Feebee_71

I am making a guess here and so apologies if I am wrong.

If your children are in another cabin to yourself then you can ask your TA to link your cabins for dining purposes.

Hopefully this will move them higher up the list for when the restaurant teams are allocating the rest of the tables in advance of your cruise.

Feebee_71

as much as they can't keep everyone happy... i'd be very suprised if they ignore your 'linked' booking, especially as it involves children...

i wouldn't of thought you have anything to worry about, and IF it is missed..... then it will soon be rectified!!

Archived