For those that book GTY Rooms

xdollbabyx

What is the highest you have ever made in it in a category after booking at GTY? I don't think anyone has probably ever booked an IS and ended up in the Owners Suite or anything, but let's hear from some people who got lucky.

IS to 4G or better?

OV to 6D or better

What is the highest you have ever made in it in a category after booking at GTY? I don't think anyone has probably ever booked an IS and ended up in the Owners Suite or anything, but let's hear from some people who got lucky.

IS to 4G or better?

OV to 6D or better

We booked an IS and got a 4D I thought that was prett good.:o

We booked an inside GTY for the valor in March. We got our room assignment about 52 days before the cruise..and we got a 4E room. I'm not complaining at all. It is under the pool in the back, but really anyroom on the ship is just fine with me. We are pretty easy to please.

We have been upgraded from a 5A to cat 11 suite on the Imagination, 8A to 9D on the Glory, and 8A to 8E on the Triumph.

We have not gotten our cabin assignment for the Freedom yet, but I know that we have a balcony cabin somewhere on the ship!

Forgive my ignorance but how exactly does this upgrade process work? I have been with CCL on three cruises. Do you have to make some type of request or do they sometimes award upgrades to certain people at thier choosing? If you get an upgrade, when do you find that out? When your ready to get on the boat? Where in M235 on Inagination with our 5 and 7 year old so an upgrade, although not expected, would certainly be welcomed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

You have a chance to be upgraded only if you book a Guarantee, i.e. Inside stateroom Guarantee, an Oceanview Guarantee, a Balcony Guarantee, etc, usualy you'll see it abbreviated, for example Inside Guarantee is IS GTY.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their upgrades. It is a hit or miss. I've read a lot on these boards about Gty's and some people get it some dont. Doesn't matter if your a first time guest, repeat customer, book early, book late, etc.

My first cruise, we booked an IS Gty and was upgraded about 2 months out to a 5A, port hole view! :D It was great! I loved seeing the ocean outside my window and now will not book an IS Gty, its oceanview or better! Still haven't had my first balcony though.

If you booked a Gty, just sit back and hope the "upgrade fairy" visits! ;)

The previous posters are referring to "Guarantee" Bookings. If for instance, for a somewhat lower fare you book an "Inside Guarantee" you agree to accept any cabin Category 4A or better, but anywhere on the ship, any deck, any location and assigned to you as late as check-in. At minimum you get a Cat 4A Inside cabin, you could get a 4B a 4C, an Oceanview or potentially a Balcony cabin. Poeple consider it an "Upgrade" if you get assigned better than the minimum Cat 4A you signed-up for you. Other purists consider it an upgrade only if you move up from Inside to Oceanview Or Inside to Balcony.

The downside of this "Guarantee Booking" is that you can get a CAT 4A (the minimum that you agreed to accept) or that whatever cabin you're assigned is in a noisy, lousy location. The assignment is final, in the sense that you (generally) can't call and have the cabin changed 'cause you don't like it.

Ken

IS gty to a 4E

That's what we got on our first cruise and absolutely LOVED our location.

The assignment is final, in the sense that you (generally) can't call and have the cabin changed 'cause you don't like it.

Ken

Not tru ken. If the price of the gty changes you can opt for the OBC/Refund and go back into the "pool" of people awaiting assignment. That's when you have to decide if the room is worth the difference in money.

Archived