Bye bye alaska

Magic Man

[quote name='dirtgirl']Hello there! Been to the Black Bear recently?:)[/quote]

We haven't - too busy trying to catch up with you on cruises but it looks hopeless.

Maybe we'll get together after next week and I'll tell you about our Celebrity adventure.

[quote name='eetonaee']We haven't - too busy trying to catch up with you on cruises but it looks hopeless.

Maybe we'll get together after next week and I'll tell you about our Celebrity adventure.[/quote]

Wow, you're leaving soon! Have a great cruise, and I'm always up for a pub night!;) Would love to hear about your cruise. I'm off to the Bear tomorrow.:)

[quote name='dirtgirl']Wow, you're leaving soon! Have a great cruise, and I'm always up for a pub night!;) Would love to hear about your cruise. I'm off to the Bear tomorrow.:)[/quote]

have fun - I'm off to SeaTac tomorrow to catch the 11:55pm AA flight to San Juan via Dallas.

I'll e-mail when we get back

Neil

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']We'd love to see RCI reinstate the RT Los Angeles Hawaii cruises for 2010. :)[/quote]

We would love them to go from Vancouver-Hawaii again, we were on the Serenade for the last trip to Hawaii in Sept. after the Alaska run. It was a great 11 night cruise!
Of course, the Serenade is not coming back here to do Alaska in 2010, so maybe another ship to Hawaii?

[quote name='Blizzard54']I would rather they pulled the Rhapsody and left the Serenade in Alaska.
This year will be our 12th cruise to Alaska and the 4 year in a row.[/QUOTE]

Have done 10 myself with the 11th comin' up...I also go every yr & wld luv to continue but only on a Radiance class, inside passage & out of Vancouver..

Are u on the Serenade or Radiance this yr?

Def. wld have removed the Rhapsody instead - glass on the Radiance class ships being one reason & I do not like ships that do not have a specialty restaurant onboard.

No where else to go onboard if the food deteriorates & it has lately IMO (I owned my own catering co for yrs). The two spec restaurants Chops & Portofino have been very good to date...IMO anyway...

Have happy cruisin'!

[quote name='CVU']We would love them to go from Vancouver-Hawaii again, we were on the Serenade for the last trip to Hawaii in Sept. after the Alaska run. It was a great 11 night cruise!
Of course, the Serenade is not coming back here to do Alaska in 2010, so maybe another ship to Hawaii?[/QUOTE]

Just when I convinced DH to do that cruise with RCL (have done one with another cruiseline), they cancelled it - UGH... I wld so do that cruise to Hawaii out of Vancouver but only on a Radiance class ship NOT on the RCL ship currently doing it - Rhapsody - because:

Primarily as they do not have the 2 specialty restaurants Chops & Portofino - heck - even just 1 wld be nice!!

Food has deteriorated IMO during the past yr or so (I owned a catering co for yrs) and there is nowhere else onboard to go.. Perhaps RCL cld consider adding a specialty rest. to Rhapsody!!

So how about it hmmm, please, please? :)

[quote name='dirtgirl']I sure want to do that someday!:)[/quote]

It was great! :)
The ocean was like glass, the sun was shining and wonderful every day and then ports around Hawaii too!!! I think we may have been lucky with the calm water and weather.

We stayed for 4 days following the cruise.
It was a perfect cruise and then flew back to Vancouver. Sure wish they would bring it back again, but still on a Radiance Class ship. I hope you get a chance to do it.

Article in today's Cruise News re 2010 and RCL pulling ship out of Alaska in favor of other destinations that are more "profitable". Probably Europe since RCL seems to think that is where the money is forgetting its US roots that made it the company it is today.

MARAPRINCE

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm sorry to hear that the Serenade won't be in Alaska in the summer of 2010 for another reason. I had been thinking about taking a full transit Panama Canal repositioning cruise on the Serenade for the fall of 2010 after it would have completed it's Alaska season. Now I'm left wondering if perhaps that type of cruise is also destined to become (at least on Royal Caribbean) a thing of the past.[/FONT]

[quote name='Pomperaugrr']I think that RCI may keep the Serenade in the Caribbean. THey just started the A and B itineraries which are booking fast. She was sold out for our sailing on the 17th too. It may be worth their while just keeping the Serenade in the Caribbean.

I've never been on the Radiance, but love that class of ship, so it won't hurt too much to try her out. Plus I like the Radiance's itinerary better with the land tours.

Eric[/quote]

My friend just got off the Serenade a month ago...she was told it is going to be redeployed to the Caribbean...this by staff on board

Archived