Weather

Jessica33

Hi everyone! What is going on with the weather on the Ruby? I am setting sail on February 14th and I am getting really nervous about all of the cloudy days I am reading about. Every cruise I have taken I have always had good weather on sea days and at port days. I normally cruise in March/April, is this cloudy weather typical for February ? What's the weather been like on the Ruby ? :confused:

We had done this same itinerary on Carnival in April two years ago and had glorious hot weather from start to finish. However, on this 10th January cruise on Ruby we had good weather up to Cozumel, the first sea day being warm but very windy on deck. Jamaica was hot, as was Grand Cayman. Cozumel was wet and very windy. In fact some ships had great difficulty docking - we were expected to tender but in fact docked three miles outside of the main shopping area on Cozumel - but there was a Carnival ship that kept trying to dock but I think gave up in the end). The following sea day was very cold and windy on deck - impossible to use the sunbeds so we had to find things to do inside. Princess Cays was again cloudy and a little windy - very rough tendering but at least they did manage to get us ashore). It started raining at about 1.00 pm so that was that for the day. Once we got back to Miami the weather was again hot and sunny.

Have heard that the following week was about the same, may be a little better. Have not heard how it is this week.

Hope it is better for you in February.

I'm sure you will have good weather by Feb.

I went on the Ruby 10th-24th Jan. The first Wednesday was freezing and drizzley, it was a cold front from Canada and the USA. We wore sweaters and macks. The cold lasted three days and again we had the sweaters etc on at Princess Cays. The Trade Winds bar was closed for three days. Saturday at Miami was glorious.

On the second week there was a cold strong wind at Mexico [Wednesday]which calmed down later. That night the ship rocked all the night and it was like being on a rollercoaster! After that it still wasn't warm until we got to Princess Cays and it was a glorious hot day.

It should be hot in Feb, it was unfortunate that we got the tail end of the cold front but apparently Canadians and Americans we spoke to said they hadn't experienced such cold/extreme weather in their countries for years.

Archived