Getting the lower price if you're already booked?

I've read on here before that if there is a lower price, you can call Royal Caribbean, and get the lower price? Is that true?

I hav an inside stateroom category L, but the reduced price is on the inside stateroom category N. I'd save about $300. Is this a possibility? I really don't even know what to ask Royal Caribbean if I call them...

As long as you booked with RCCL directly, no problem. If you booked with a TA, call them (you may have to be "persistent" - that's what it took for me to get my price drop on my last RCCL cruise).

$300! That's a lot of DOTDs! (drinks of the day)

I believe that in order for you to get that lower price you would have to be willing to change to that category of cabin... are you? Check it out first... that category of inside may be in a location that you don't care for and in which case may not be worth the saving ... if that is important to you... not all inside cabins are worth the savings, IMO...

If I were you, I would check their website to see which cabins in that category are available... just do a pretend booking and it should show you the specific cabins in that category...

If cabin location is not important to you, then just call them and make the change and collect your winnings, so to speak... they will credit the difference back to your credit card...

Also, sometimes it is not possible to get the price reduction credit because it may only apply to new bookings... either way, it never hurts to ask, they are very nice about those things...

Just say, "hey, I noticed that the insides in category x are a little less than what I paid, can I make the change to my reservation?"...

I once called a few days before we sailed for a price reduction and was pleasantly surprised that they gave it to me...

Thank You everyone! I just called royal caribbean and got my price drop =) Thanks for the quick responses!

Still keep checking because if it drops again they will reduce it again as long as it is not a promotion for "new bookings only" . Just got 3rd one for client in a month and they still have 2 months to sailing.

Still keep checking because if it drops again they will reduce it again as long as it is not a promotion for "new bookings only" . Just got 3rd one for client in a month and they still have 2 months to sailing.

I'm curious.What sailing? Looking at trends of what ships and what routes are having trouble of filling ships?

Jimbo:)

Archived