Uniworld-Amsterdam to Basel May 23, 2009 anyone else?

cruzingrama

Hello, my DH and I just booked this trip and after reading some of the threads I am getting really excited! Is there anyone else out there on the same trip?:)

Nope ..we're on the Uniworld Tulip cruise April 4 but....I did the cruise you are on in fall 2001 and it is wonderful. I loved the little towns you stop at and the half day that you cruise past Lorelei Rock and all the castles is absolutely wonderful.

Have fun and I know you will.

We are going with Viking on April from Antwerp to Basel. The only reason and I truly mean only reason was the amount of time Uniworld spends in Amsterdam. We have been to Amsterdam twice--only thing left to see is the remarkable Keukenhof gardens. We think that Uniworld is at the top of river cruising for us English speaking folks. Yes, I know that Scenic tours is luxury to my mind unnecessaryon the river unless you plan to spend all your time on the ship--same about the Premicon Queen. Have probably opened a can of worms here. We all have our favorite lines, but it comes down to itinerary and what is included. A friend of mine just mentioned that on her Black Sea to Budapest trip with GCT they had to pay extra for just about all shore excursions. Good luck finding just the right trip for you. Pat

• 1 month later...

Was hoping to find some fellow travellers, but sure have picked up a lot of good info about river cruising in general, especially from Steamboat with that list of menus from Uniworld.

Time is only getting closer, and the euro is still at a pretty good exchange rate.

:) We are going with friends on the same cruise June 7th, 2009. Anyone else joining us? Have been reading all about Uniworld on the boards, and it sounds like Uniworld is the way to go. We are in Amsterdam on our own for 2 days before the cruise and 3 days in Luzerne at the end. Any "must not miss" suggestions for either place? We're so excited about going. Only done 1 other cruise (Mediterranean) on Holland America a few years ago. Hope to hear from other fellow cruisers.

We traveled with Uniworld from Basel to Amsterdam in June 2007 and had a great time. We did the pre-extension stay in Lucerne and had a very good local host (provided by Uniworld) who showed us the city and also offered an optional tour on Lake Lucerne to Mt. Pilatus. If you have questions or would like to see our photos of the trip, email me at this address (pjppaula@comcast.net). :)

Archived