What to do with luggage? ANC-SWD Kenai Fjords then sailing

flagger

I have a friend sailing on the Mille and will be taking a train from ANC to Seward. They want to know what to do with their luggage since the tour leaves at 11:30 and the train gets there at 11:05. They are not sailing until 2100.

Can it be stored...taken to the ship? Thanks

Alaska Heritage and Renown, both store your bags for you and shuttle to from the depot and to your ship.

Hi,

We are going with Alaska Heritage. We were told that they would pick us up at depot, store luggage in locked room while on their tour, and will get us and luggage to ship after their tour at no extra charge.

There does not seem to be a consensus on the best operator though is there.

I like Alaska Heritage and have gone with Major Marine/Renown. My preference is for Northwestern Fjord, which Alaska Heritage is excellent for.

• 4 weeks later...

If taking the train, then the 6 hour Kenai Fjords boat trip, then boarding the ship, are we missing out on alot by not being able to do the full day trip? Are there any "calving" glaciers on the 6 hour trip, or only on the full day one. I know we'll see glaciers, but not tidal glaciers, right?

Does Major Marine offer pick up, luggage storage, and drop off service too?

If taking the train' date=' then the 6 hour Kenai Fjords boat trip, then boarding the ship, are we missing out on alot by not being able to do the full day trip? Are there any "calving" glaciers on the 6 hour trip, or only on the full day one. I know we'll see glaciers, but not tidal glaciers, right?

Does Major Marine offer pick up, luggage storage, and drop off service too?[/quote']

Well you are missing out on another 3 hours of scenic sailing and wildlife, they aren't the same. But the 6 hour tours are excellent and the glaciers most certainly are tidewaters, going to Aialik and Holgate. Aialik is a very stable glacier, neither receeding or advancing. I've seen a lot of calving there.

Archived