Removable Cover for Porta Crib

CruisingCatherine

Hey all,

It has been quite some time since I last had an infant. I am not sure about all of the new items available these days. We are going on a cruise in October. The cruise line is providing a porta crib. I am sure these are not cleaned very well in between uses. The idea of my son having his mouth on this is kind of apalling. Is there any kind of cover for these now? I will bring cleaning products if needed but would love to have something I can just throw over the whole thing.

It'll be a standard mattress (thinner if it's a pack n play type) that you can easily clean and then put your own pack n play sheet over it. Ask the cruise line whether it's a standard crib (Princess uses these) or pack n play so you know what size sheet to bring. If you only have regular crib sheets, no worries... you can still tuck it around or even use a regular flat sheet from the cruise line unless your kid is a big toss/turner it would be fine. But, you can get the pack n play sheets very cheap just about anywhere (target, walmart, etc.)

There are actually several places that make "slipcovers" for Pack-n-Plays, specifically for travelling-

Here is one:

http://littledbaby.com/plyaslco.html

But I have definitely seen others. I think searching for portable crib and slipcover should find others.

However, they are quite expensive (the others I've seen are also about $50). So, what we have done is bring our own mattress for the pack n play (since my son will not sleep on the hard pack n play bottom), and wrap a normal sheet from the cruiseline around it (though if you have your own sheets that may be better), and before doing that we wiped down the whole thing. However, the slipcovers are cute, so if you can pay it for what may be only a 1 or 2 time use, then I say go for that (but also bring a mattress if your baby is picky).

When our daughter used a pack-n-play we just brought our own. Then we never had to worry about cleanliness. Our oldest daughter has had immunity issues her entire life and often times using the crib in the motel/hotel or on the ship they are not cleaned to my standards. We also always travel with a large container of lysol wipes and a can of spray. I do have a measurement to make cover for the port-a -crib if you would like them please PM me.

Archived