Summit Questions

Mplsluv2travel

We are cruising in March. Any feedback on cabin # 7110?

Can someone confirm formal nights are Sunday & Thursday? If we choose not to participate in the formal nights I have found there are other eatting options: Buffet, Waterfall Bistro, Normandie (booked all ready one night) & room service. Is there also the pizza & sandwich choices? If we go with one of the other choice do we still have to dress according to the dress code dictated for that evening in the MDR?

How far in advance can we make reservations for the Waterfall? Who do we contact to make those reservations?

Does anyone know what movies they are playing or is there away to find out? How about a listing of the other entertainment in the main theatre?

Thanks!:)

We are cruising in March. Any feedback on cabin # 7110?

Can someone confirm formal nights are Sunday & Thursday?

Does anyone know what movies they are playing or is there away to find out? How about a listing of the other entertainment in the main theatre?

Thanks!:)

yes, the formal nights are Sunday and Thursday.

Below is from the week of Jan 17, 2009.

Summit Nights (2 shows each night, followed with other entertainment.)

Sunday: Thoroughly Broadway;

Captain’s Welcome

Monday: Comedy Juggler/David Deeble;

50’s & 60’s Sock Hop Party 10:45pm, Revelations, Deck 11

Tuesday: Night of Stars;

Dancin’ thru the Decades, 11:00pm, Revelations, Deck 11

Wednesday: Antonio Salci;

Island Night Deck Party, 10:30pm, Poolside, Deck 10

Thursday: Encore;

Formal Night Dance Party, 10:30pm, Revelations, Deck 11

Friday: Variety Show (David Deeble and Antonio Salci);

Karaoke Dance Party, 10:00pm Revelations, Deck 11

Featured Films:

Sunday: Bee Movie

Monday: No Reservations

Tuesday: Ratatouille

Wednesday: License to Wed

Thursday: The Bourne Ultimatum

Friday: Hairspray

Then they have different band (or solo) playing at different places various time each day.

Wally B., Pianist, Michael's Club

Elk Island Quartet, Dance Band, Rendez-Vous Lounge

Simon Belair, Guitarist/Vocalist, deck 10 aft

Martini Strings: stings, Cova Cafe of Millano

The Boomers, A cappella Sensation

Great Ideas: (Asian) Party Band

Celebrity Orchestra: they played at Rendez-Vous Lounge on the juggler's night. They accompanied celebrity shows on other nights of course.

If you go to the Waterfall Bistro (which is the buffet w/white table cloths) you do not have to follow the formal dress code although X likes to have everyone dress up and stay that way. As for reservations, the same day is fine.

You can dine in your room off the dining room menu if you alert you cabin steward earlier in the day. So you still get the great formal night food but don't have to dress up. X does not have a 24 hr buffet.

The Normandie will expect the same dress code of the evening as the rest of the ship. You might be able to get pizza and sushi up to a certain time in the buffet.

Captain’s Welcome

Featured Films:

Then they have different band (or solo) playing at different places various time each day.

Celebrity Orchestra: they played at Rendez-Vous Lounge on the juggler's night. They accompanied celebrity shows on other nights of course.

Hey, crse - Great info. Any chance you could summarize the menus? I'm trying to figure out the best night for a normandie reservation. Thanks!

Hey, crse - Great info. Any chance you could summarize the menus? I'm trying to figure out the best night for a normandie reservation. Thanks!

here is a link listed summit menu and was posted by ajkcruising on this board. In case you didn't see it..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909656

It's as close as the one we had on 1/17. The 2nd formal night, we had Lobster. We also had Cod another night and I didn't see it on the menu.

The menu for Normandie is at

http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000ZQM4Xih6ed4gIwx3RHpbGvr:12hdbcveb?ProductCode=NORMDINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=SM

In general, it's a better service and better food at Normandie than Cosmopolitan. So if you go to Normandie, you really won't miss anything at Cosmo.

Remeber, you can book your own time for Normandie and it's your schedule as far as it will last. We booked Normandie for the 5th night at 6:30pm. 6pm is too early for us each day after touring all day and got back to ship. We were late (almost) every night for our 6pm dinner. So we picked Tobago day /5th day as a relax day to enjoy everything and we chose to enjoy Normandie that night. And we are 2 chatty sisters (and too much food) so we didn't finish our dinner at Normandie until after 9pm. We were late for the show but were able to find seats.

Also they had Late Night Snack each night. I don't eat after 9pm so I can't tell how tasty they are. The ones at Cova Caffe, Deck 5 were small fare; but the ones at Deck 10, 11 were big affairs, at 11:30pm. There were 50's & 60's Gourment Bites (3rd night - I didn't go and check it out), fruit Bites (5th night/Deck 10 pool side. It looked very pretty. But I couldn't eat any more after Normandie.) and Dessert/chocolate Extravaganza (6th night, deck 11. I had a tour..there were at least 200 different items. I didn't know what to pick and gave up.) So consider other activities that you plan for that night. Do you want to sample those late night snacks and if you do, will they ruin your Normandie experience (or ruin your late night snack experience)?

• 2 weeks later...

Captain’s Welcome

Featured Films:

I am going Feb. 28th. on the Summit.. have done some of the islands before so may choose to stay on or near the ship. WHat is there to do on-board if one chooses not to get off and go ashore?

Thanks

Thanks BlewWater! This is our identical schedule/ports.

I hope you don't mind that I've posted your link to our Roll Call thread - I'm sure many will be appreciative. I told them it would either be seen as "valuable information or a spoiler alert" (for those wanting to be surprised each day!) We leave in a week!

If you go to the Waterfall Bistro (which is the buffet w/white table cloths) you do not have to follow the formal dress code although X likes to have everyone dress up and stay that way. As for reservations, the same day is fine.

You can dine in your room off the dining room menu if you alert you cabin steward earlier in the day. So you still get the great formal night food but don't have to dress up. X does not have a 24 hr buffet.

The Normandie will expect the same dress code of the evening as the rest of the ship. You might be able to get pizza and sushi up to a certain time in the buffet.

So you need to let your cabin steward know if you want to order something off the main dining room menu? How early in the day do they need to know? Thank you for your information.

Archived