alaska verses south america

karen327

Are there whales in south america? How are the glacers compared to alaksa? We can use frequest flyer miles, so that wouldn't be as much of a problem. In south America, isn't it cheaper to get a taxi for a port tour than alaska? How about souveners? Can you see any mountains in south america on an around the cape cruise? HOw does the Sun compare to the Pearl?

Have cruised both, but haven't cruised on the Pearl. Was on the Dream last year in South America. GREAT cruise, but wish it had been on the Sun (one of my favorite ships) then. Both itineraries are great, but I loved the literal change of seasons experienced in South America. Warm - cool - cold - cool - warm. And, the penguins are fantastic.

Have cruised both' date=' but haven't cruised on the Pearl. Was on the Dream last year in South America. GREAT cruise, but wish it had been on the Sun (one of my favorite ships) then. Both itineraries are great, but I loved the literal change of seasons experienced in South America. Warm - cool - cold - cool - warm. And, the penguins are fantastic.[/quote']

How were the seas? When did you go? Did you embark/disembark at the same port? Where was that? We are trying to decide about next year (Transatlantic to Rome this year) and it's between South America and Australia/New Zealand.

Archived