2/nts in Seward Breeze Inn vs Murphy's

lundys21

We are staying in Seward for two nights July 13 and 14 2009 . Going on Kenali Fjords 8:00 am 6 hour cruise on the 14th. Looking at these two motels, would appreciate any pros or cons for each motel or any advice period on where to stay. Price seem fair for these two motels Murphy's for $135.00 plus tax and Breeze Inn for $139.00 plus tax both standard rooms.

Don't expect much, as these are basic motels. I've stayed at Murphy's and my room smelled like some kind of industrial cleaner, but my friend's room didn't. I haven't stayed at the Breeze Inn since they built the HI Express, but it used to be better than Murphy's.

I don't know about Murphy's but Breeze Inn has typical budget hotel furnishings in the older rooms - it's always been clean and has nice harbor views. It's right across from the small boat harbor and several dining places.

I stayed at Breeze inn 2 years ago and it was fine-clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

This is my experience too. I've stayed there the past 2 years. They just opened a very nice new wing. The older rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. Ground floor can be a little noisy; bring earplugs.

This is my experience too. I've stayed there the past 2 years. They just opened a very nice new wing. The older rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. Ground floor can be a little noisy; bring earplugs.

Does anyone know if the new wing has standard rooms or just all high dollar rooms

Archived