Silken Ramblas Hotel - Barcelona- Question

Has anyone stayed at the Silken Ramblas Hotel on Pintor Fortuny Street in Barcelona? Looks fairly close to the north end of La Ramblas and a few streets away....it says one block from La Ramblas.....shows to be a 4-star hotel and it looks nice, and found a rate of $155 U.S. per night for the first part of November. The rate sounds good, and was wondering about the hotel as most hotels in that area are much higher. We have been to Barcelona before and stayed in several other hotels and wanted to try something different this time. Only one night pre-cruise.....I noticed they offered king beds where many othere only offer double beds.

Also, how far is this hotel from Placa Catalyuna if we were to take the bus from the airport? Is it walkable with rolling luggage, or would we need to take a taxi from Placa Catalyuna to the hotel?

Any info on this hotel and the area around it will be most appreciated.

I have not stayed there but I know the hotel. It used to be called the Ambassador. It is just off the Ramblas about 0.5km from Placa Catalunya.

It will be a bit quieter than a hotel right on the Ramblas and if you are happy to walk 0.5km with your luggage it should be fine (I personally never walk anywhere with my luggage - but I am of advanced years and never travel light - lol)

I assume you are coming from the airport by Aerobus and if you are happy to do that with your luggage then I would certainly not bother to get a taxi from Placa Catalunya for such a short distance.

$155 (€120) seems to be a very good price in November.

EnglishinSpain - Thanks for the information. It seems like a good deal to me when compared to other hotels in that area. We will be getting in to Barcelona around 2pm the day before our cruise and just want a nice place to relax for the afternoon and evening and to walk around LaRamblas a bit that day and early the next before heading to the ship.

How does the Silken Ramblas compare to the Tryp Apolo as far as location and accommodations? Their prices are the same, and it seems the Silken will be the better hotel and location. What is your opinion?

When I checked the Hotel Jazz last week the rates were higher than this week....I can now get the Jazz during the second week in November for US$125....how does it compare to the Silken Ramblas ($US155 or Pulitzer $US185)? Or should we pay more and stay at the Majestic or Eurostar Grand Marina? Prices are $100US more to stay at Majestic and Eurostar than at the Jazz. Jazz looks like a great location and have read some good reviews....

How does the Silken Ramblas compare to the Tryp Apolo as far as location and accommodations? Their prices are the same, and it seems the Silken will be the better hotel and location. What is your opinion?

The Tryp Apolo is much further away from the Ramblas and Placa Catalunya. I would recommend you stay nearer the centre if you have just a short time there.

The Hotel Jazz is a good 3 star hotel (Silken Ramblas is 4 star). It is close to Placa Catalunya but further from the Ramblas.

Have you looked at Hotel 1898 or the Montecarlo. A bit more expensive but both very good.

I also like the hotel Colon or its sister (slightly cheaper) hotel Regencia Colon.

Personally, I would say if you are only there one night location is more important than luxury.

We are booked here for October for 2 nights pre cruise but the rate is much higher. Do you know anything about the Hotel Inglaterra which is just a few steps from the Ramblas? They give a very nice package and the rates are more reasonable.

I wouldn't say Hotel Inglaterra was 'just a few steps' from the Ramblas. It is not very far but it is more than a few steps - probably 4-5 minute walk (it is near the Hotel Jazz) But it will definitely be cheaper than Silken Ramblas

You will probably find hotel prices in October higher than at other times of the year as it is a popular time for people to visit Barcelona.

Stayed at the Hotel Inglaterra this past September for 2 nights and loved it. Great staff, modern rooms, excellent breakfast and extremely convenient location. Tip: Most times, the room rate is less expensive if you do not book the package. They offered us a discounted breakfast on check-in, and I pre-booked the HOHO bus on line.

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the Mont Blanc Hotel? As of now we are booked in there for 2 nights pre-cruise in the beginning of October.

On the way home we have an over-night stay at the Renaissance Barcelona near the airport. Any feed back onthis hotel also?

Both of these are with NCL with transfers to the ship and back to the hotel.

Can anyone give me feed back on these choices? I can still change them if the locations are not good.

Thank you,

Judi

Thanks for the info on Hotel Inglaterra. If we take the aero bus from the airport which is the better stop to get off Placa Catalunya or Universitat? We got a superior room with the breakfast and hop on hop off bus package for 277 euro for 2 days which I think is pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the info on Hotel Inglaterra. If we take the aero bus from the airport which is the better stop to get off Placa Catalunya or Universitat? We got a superior room with the breakfast and hop on hop off bus package for 277 euro for 2 days which I think is pretty reasonable.

Universitat will be your best stop. You can see the hotel from the bus stop.

English in Spain- We are considering the Majestic, Colon or Fira Palace. Any thoughts?

My personal choice of these three would be the Colon. It is in a great location right opposite the cathedral.

The Fira is quite a way from the Ramblas and Placa Catalunya.

I know of the Majestic and where it is. It is a 5 star hotel and spa.

I would suggest you look on Trip Advisor and read the reviews of all three.

You should also shop around for prices as all 3 of these hotels can be quite expensive.

My personal choice of these three would be the Colon. It is in a great location right opposite the cathedral.

The Fira is quite a way from the Ramblas and Placa Catalunya.

I know of the Majestic and where it is. It is a 5 star hotel and spa.

I would suggest you look on Trip Advisor and read the reviews of all three.

You should also shop around for prices as all 3 of these hotels can be quite expensive.

Thank you very much!

Archived