Cabin Crawl-please explain

gigguy

This has probably been talked about before- sorry if it has.

Please explain to a notice cruiser, what is a cabin crawl? Is it the same as a dorm crawl from our college days?:D I don't think that would be allowed on a family ship.

Is it something we will remember in the morning?

Thanks for the input.

Well you get down on all fours and you crawl between the cabins of pax who want to participate. Crawling up the stairs though can be a hardship. When you get to the cabin...I cannot print that on this site!

37.gif

Ok, ok the truth. A cabin crawl is when pax open their cabins for visitation by other pax in the group. It is a chance to see the different types of cabins depending on who participates. You could see interior, outside with window, outside with balcony and various suites. It is a friendly adventure. Yes, you may walk between cabins unless you truely want to crawl.

I never participated in a college crawl but can imagine from my college days what that might entail.

You should check on the roll call for your cruise re this. Our last May Radiance Hawaii cruise roll group did this and we got to visit all cabin categories from GS down to an Inside including a couple of aft D1s and several extra large balcony hump E1s cabins. Basically what we did was to meet at a specific time in the atrium for a group shot and then went as a group through each cabin starting at the upper deck. For some of the smaller cabins like the OV and Inside, which were conveniently close together, we divided the group so only 1/2 would be in each at a time.

Yeah, we did this in Oct/Hawaii cruise with our "Pirates". We started at selected cabins from inside to one of those royal suites. They decorated sometimes provided sweets, snacks, dipped strawberries (no booze).

We had a spin on it: Each member would collect a card from a deck and whoever had the best hand by the end won the pot. DH won. He had a great full house. Good times, good times. :)

Well you get down on all fours and you crawl between the cabins of pax who want to participate. Crawling up the stairs though can be a hardship. When you get to the cabin...I cannot print that on this site!

37.gif

Ok, ok the truth. A cabin crawl is when pax open their cabins for visitation by other pax in the group. It is a chance to see the different types of cabins depending on who participates. You could see interior, outside with window, outside with balcony and various suites. It is a friendly adventure. Yes, you may walk between cabins unless you truely want to crawl.

I never participated in a college crawl but can imagine from my college days what that might entail.

thanks, I was thinking it was the later but maybe just a little was hoping for the wilder side:o

A girl from our roll call on our 4th cruise did this. She organized it. In their cabin crawl, they took booze on. I remember one girl was going to try to make jello shooters and put in her lil fridge. And they took some type of gift for everyone that signed up to participate. It was stuff like beads, pins, just stuff for fun. And they went from cabin to cabin. They made pictures of the whole thing to post when they got back. I didn't participate on this one. But it sounded like they had a good time. The pics turned out nice.

We had a cabin crawl on the Independence in Dec; those who wanted to participate provided their cabin numbers earlier and we had a list to follow which minimized the walking although it was still quite a trek. Since it was near Christmas we got to see Cabin decorations which were terrific. One lady made us all a memento of the ship and other lady put out some treats. Really enjoyed it.

Kathy:)

37.gif

ok...iNQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW....WE ALL CRAWL ONE TIME OR ANOTHER...IF WE R HAVEING A GOOD TIME!!! WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO???????????????????????????

Oh, but going in 1/2 at a time takes the fun out of it! One of our group, who sailed solo and booked a small interior, actually hosted a "cabin-cramming party"! She wanted to see how many people we could fit into her cabin!

This was our roll call group minus about a dozen people who were at their cabin getting it ready for the tour and who joined the tour after showing their cabin. The OV and Inside were almost the last to be showed since we went from top deck to bottom. I can't imagine all in either at the same time.

DSC02427b.jpg

Archived