Pearl - coffee Beans Roatan and/or Belize

lvcruises

My DH and I love to buy local coffee beans when we travel. I did an internet search and found that Belize and Roatan both seem to have coffee grown locally. Has anyone ever bought any of this coffee, if so did you find it near the ship? We are doing excursions thru the ship in both locations so I'm not sure how much time we will have to really search out the local places. So, any information will be greatly appreciated.:D

There are many of the small shops in the port area that sell a 1lb bag of beans. I think that I paid $10 for the bag. It says they are from the Belize rainforest and came in a green bag. It is a dark roast and slightly acidic (sp?). I enjoy fresh ground beans and some milk and sugar and find it a great way to think back about the cruise.

Thanks for all the reply... At least now I know what to look for in Roatan and Belize. We really like bringing back the coffee...like stated above, its a good way to rememeber a place. We brought back about 7 bags from Hawaii and really enjoyed them.

Archived