Diner on the first night on board

dv71617

Caribbean Princess leave at 11:00 pm on sunday night.

What kind of dinner is available.

Does the anytime dining or traditional working ?

Since we will arrive late that day and never know when

we will receive our luggages in our stateroom, I'm not sure

how we will be dress for that first night diner.

thanks !

I was on the Crown last Christmas with the same departure time. All restaurants will be open. They will have the normal dinner menu plus the buffet will be open. The only difference is the specialty restaurants will not open until after life boat drill. Drill was about 8:15 and the specialty spots took reservations for 9:00 or later. If luggage doesn't arrive, go in what you have on that day. I had to do that once. First night should be smart casual anyway. I imagine the lines are ore lenient the first night due to luggage issues.

Caribbean Princess leave at 11:00 pm on sunday night.

What kind of dinner is available.

Does the anytime dining or traditional working ?

Since we will arrive late that day and never know when

we will receive our luggages in our stateroom, I'm not sure

how we will be dress for that first night diner.

thanks !

Dinner the 1st evening is always Smart Casual with perhaps extra emphasis on the Casual that first night. If you are afraid you will not have your luggage yet just be aware "no shorts" in the dining room so you might need to pack long pants in your carry on. Both Anytime Dining and Traditional Dining will be up and operating. If you are not going to eat in the dining room there are several other options available. See the following link -

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/caribbean.html

We had a late departure in Alaska last summer (9:00pm) and the train from Denali didn't arrive until 6:00 at the dock. Since about 1/2 of the cruisers were arriving from a cruisetour (either train or bus) there was open seating in all the dining rooms, as well as the usual in the Horizon Court.

Hope this helps!

Dinner the 1st evening is always Smart Casual with perhaps extra emphasis on the Casual that first night. If you are afraid you will not have your luggage yet just be aware "no shorts" in the dining room so you might need to pack long pants in your carry on. Both Anytime Dining and Traditional Dining will be up and operating. If you are not going to eat in the dining room there are several other options available. See the following link -

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/caribbean.html

Thanks for this link. I've been on many cruises and I've always been under the assumption that one did not have to change for dinner on the first night. I love to dress up for dinner, so we always changed- but it's just good to know that if I'm ever feeling lazy- I still should dress up!

Archived