Beware: suite guarantee on Carnival Liberty

Clarkk W Griswald

Cabins #9205 and 9206 are a few square feet smaller than a cat 12 cabin and just under 50% larger than all the other cat 11 cabins. So, while the OP is unhappy with this, others may enjoy the larger cabin and minisculey smaller balcony.

Is this still the case now the new SS suites are forward of 9205 and 9206. Note that the layout of the new SSs on the Carnival Website deckplans is not accurate. The area that the new SSs take up actually encroaches in to what was part of 9206/5. The x'd out balcony area is actually the side wall of the bedroom of the SS suites for example.

I'm taking my first Carnival cruise soon, and decided to upgrade from an 8C to a suite guarantee. This is the first time I've ever booked a guarantee and knew that I could be given any category 11, or if I was one of the lucky few, maybe even get a category 12. I thought that all category 11 suites were the same, so I didn't have a problem with whatever location I was given.

Boy, was I was wrong. Seems that 2 of the category 11 suites (9205 and 9206) have half the balcony that all the other 11's have. Well, by now I'm sure you can guess, I got assigned 9206. What a disappointment. It wouldn't matter to me if they all had the same size balcony. But, I can't help feeling a little upset, because I didn't know that 2 of them had smaller balconies.

So, let this be a warning if you book a guarantee. Look at every possible cabin in the category before booking a guarantee. You might find one or two cabins that you know they won't be able to sell, so they'll throw that into the guarantee pool and you may be stuck with it.

GO STEELERS!

If you care what cabing you get than pick the cabin want. Don't book guarantee and then complain about it.

When I booked the suite guarantee, there were 10 cat 11's left. As of now, there is still 7 cat 11's left. 9205/9206 are both booked. Guess they need to get rid of them first.

I wonder if you could call Carnival and tell them you would rather have one of the Cat 11's on Deck 7. BTW, are you filming a new NL movie while on the cruise. I love the one at Christmas where the squirrell ran into the Christmas tree. Oh, and the one when you and the family went on vacation. J/K. Great handle, though. Have fun on your cruise.

Can anyone confirm the dimensions on the 9205 and 9206 on the Splendor? According to the website the different in size is 30 square feet and that is due to the smaller balcony. I hear that they are larger inside, but how come it is not reflected in the dimensions?

we had 9206 on the Conquest, and yes the balcony was a little shorter, but the cabin is quite large and comfy.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to come back to this thread and respond here just to inform anyone traveling on Liberty in 9205 or 9206 that the balcony is the same size as all other cat 11's on the ship as I just got back from 4/11 liberty and was in 9205. It had 2 chairs, 2 tables and a lounge chair. I peeked around for a look at the balc next to mine in a balc room and it was 1/2 the size of mine so don't believe what Carnival tells you as they told me the balcony was 35sq feet which is just not the case.

• 4 weeks later...

Clarkk - You just stated the standard advice to all who book Guarantees - Research the types of cabins in the Guarantee Category and only book if you're prepared to take the worst one. There are odball, crappy, poor,ly located cabins in EVERY Category - that's one reason they have Guarantee bookings, to unload these. ken

• 2 weeks later...
When I booked the suite guarantee, there were 10 cat 11's left. As of now, there is still 7 cat 11's left. 9205/9206 are both booked. Guess they need to get rid of them first.

How much of a savings did you realize with the guarantee price versus the price if you just paid for it outright?

Steve

• 2 years later...

I appreciate all of the information that has been posted. I recently booked 9206 on the Freedom for April 15, 2012. In the past I have found that the majority of most postings have been on the the money with reguards to making the most of an experience. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to our trip. (Any photos are appreciated though...) :D Our last trip was on the Dream in a cove balcony. With that said there were several people that were disappointed with the cove, while we LOVED it. I guess it's just a matter of the glass being half full or half empty.

Archived