What is the Chef's Table ?

Jessica33

Hi everyone just wondering about what this Chef's Table is ? I have read a few things that you have to sign up for it I believe ? Where do you do so, and what does it consist of ? Do you have to pay to do the Chef's table? Thank you ! :confused:

Yes, you sign up when on board. It is 75$ per person, and they only usually do it twice on a 7 or 10 day cruise and each time for a max of 10 people.

Do a search here, there are a couple of extensive reviews of the event, and a listing of the menu served. We did it last year, and intend to try again in a few weeks. I have yet to see a mention from someone who did not thoroughly enjoy the meal

I did it back in May of last year on the CB, and did a pretty detailed review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=772175

We're about to go on the Crown in just a few weeks, and I'm going with a whole bunch of Princess-newbies! We're going to try and get on the Chef''s Table (some of us anyhow) that week! Can't wait! :D

The Chef's Table is a special function that you pay $75/person to attend. You get a personal tour of the kitchen and a wonderful dinner hosted by the executive chef and his staff. The food is outstanding and more than you can eat and drink. You get served the best wines and champagne. Also included is a Princess cookbook that is signed by the chef and staff as well as a group photo taken at the end. The whole thing lasted about 3 hours and we had 11 people at our sitting. We were on the Golden Princess and they could take up to 12 people.

When you get on board the first thing is to make reservations with the Maitre D' and then he will contact you for an interview. They will have you sign a paper that says you will meet their requirements for going into the kitchen (which you do during a regular dinner hour) and to make certain you aren't allergic to anything they might serve.

All I know is that it was the best gastronomic experience I have ever had on board a ship or anywhere else for that matter and worth every penny.

I have also done it last year on the Golden. As soon as I got on the ship, I signed up to do it. We had 12 at our table and 10 of us were from the cruise critic bunch. It was an incredable experience. I know $75 sounds like a lot, but trust me, this is so worth it. The only time I have had a better meal was at the world famous French Laundry In Yountville, Calif. That place set us back over $400 for 2 people. Anyways. when we got on the ship, there just happened to ba a table set up to sign people up for the specialty restaurants. We asked about the chefs dinner and that was it. You also can sign up in your cabin by using the telephone, but sometimes this takes a while as the phone lines get jamed with all the new people asking questions.:D

We did the Chef's table on the Crown in '08. Don't worry about tipping. It really is a great time and you'd better be hungry. I liked it because you get to see the galley in action and you get to meet the executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef. These were my piers seeing that I'm a Chef. You'll have pictures taken with the Chef and the Maitr'd and yes bring your camera.

Archived