Sea Lion Swim Questions

davethomasowns

Hello!

We are going to St. Thomas on March 10th onboard the Carnival Liberty. My girlfriend really wants to do the sea lion swim at Coral World. We are in port from 8:00AM to 6:00PM. I understand that they do two times; 10am and 1pm? Would selecting the 10am time be cutting it too close since we dock at 8am? Also, if you do the actual swim in groups of 4 (which I believe I read in another thread, ) will the other people we are with be in all of the photos they take?

Lastly, how far from Coral World is Megan's Bay and what would be the best way to get there? If we have to do the sea lion swim at 1pm will be have time to visit Megan’s Bay?

Thanks in advance!

Shane

I don't think you will be cutting it close. I did this excursion last year. It was a lot of fun. It's about a 30 minute ride from cruise pier if I remember correctly. The swim is in groups of 4 but not all photos will be together. When you get in the pool with the 2 sea lions you break up into pairs. My family is 3 and with no one else signing up, I had one sea lion and my DW & DS had the other. They do some inidivudual, some pair photos in the water, then inidvidual and group photos out of the water.

Realize if you want to purchase the CD photos it takes an hour to process. So you have to figure in that time.

I don't know the answer to your other question about Megans. I woud recommend and what we did was go to Coki Beach right next to Coral World and enjoy the beach area there. You get a day pass to Coral World with the excursion, so I just walked back over to Coral World a bit later. It would also save you extra taxi fare money.

Archived